Love Comes Slowly- Intro

All I've wanted since I was twelve was for my parents to finally tell me my age had finally arrived to get married. I know what your thinking, marriage?!?! And that young. Well when I was twelve was the first time my mom told me that a marriage offer had come for me. The idea of it was completely foreign to me but I loved it! And even though I refused that guy, didnt mean more offers didn't come for me. And just because more offers came for me, that didn't mean I liked any of them. Until I met Ali when I was 16.

Ok so I'm let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Aliya. I'm a muslim. Pakistani to be more specific but I've lived in America all my life and its where I will keep on living till I die. Pakistan just didn't appeal to  me. My parents had told me early on in my life that I would be put into an arranged marriage before I turned 18 but they would only go through with it if I truly loved the guy. It's just how things worked in my family. But i didn't like any of the guys that came my way. I just prayed every night that my "Prince Charming" would show up soon. I've always dreamt of him to be a doctor or a buisness man. What I didn't expect was my Prince Charming to come in the form of a teacher. My teacher.