Chapter 5

Michael is angry. Something very bad has happened, I can tell. His face is hard and determined as he hangs up the phone. "I'm gonna kill him." He hisses out. "I'm gonna fucking kill him!" He yells.

"Who? What's happening?!"

"He fucking shot Luke! "

"What!? Who shot Luke?"

Michael ignores my question and speeds off. "Fuck I have to bring you home." Michael turns the car and drives towards my house.

"No no I wanna come with you!" Michael shakes his head.

"No way in hell are you coming!" He pulls up to my house quickly. "Get out!"

"No I'm coming with you! So drive!"

"Do I have to pull you out of this car and drag you into that house?"

"No you can just drive and let me come with you." I narrow my eyes at him.

He rolls his eyes and drives away. I'm not sure why I wanted to come so badly.
I don't even like Luke, he was the biggest ass to me out of all of the boys. I look over at Michael. He drives at a extremely dangerous speed. He's furious. His grip on the steering wheel has turned his knuckles white. His nostrils are flared. He's in deep thought. Possibly planning the death of whoever shot Luke. I feel a natural instinct to comfort him.

I gently place my hand on his upper arm. Michael turns his head to me. "He's going to be okay." Michaels eyes soften but that doesn't last long.

"You don't know that!" He hisses at me.

"Well being negative about this won't help."

"Just shut up! You know nothing about what's happening!" He's shakes my arm off of him and continues to speed.

I stare down at my lap. I was trying to help. I decide to call my mom, seeing that I won't be home before her.

"Izzy?"

"Yes mom it me. My friend found my phone."

"Well thats great honey! Are you alright? What did you call for?" Michael is starring at me now.

"Please don't get mad but I had to go out." I tense up and wait for her reaction.

"You father is not going to be happy about this! The point of being grounded is that you aren't aloud out!"

"Yes mom I know! I'm sorry but one of my close friend has been injured badly and I really need to be there to support her so I'm on my way to the hospital!" I roll my eyes, Luke is anything but a close friend who I care about.

"Oh my honey! Oh wow I hope she feels better! I'll talk to your father, I'm sure he'll understand."

"Oh thank you mom! I promise to keep you updated on what's happening."

"Okay honey don't worry, just go help out your friend. I love you. Bye!"

"Bye love you to!" I hang up as we pull into a hospital parking lot.

Michael doesn't get out of the car right away. He closes his eyes and throws his head back. He lets out a sigh and rubs his face. I want to help but I don't know how to. He lifts his head and stares at me. "Come on." He says as he leaves the car. We walk thru the doors of the hospital together. Calum is standing in the lobby. We walk to him.

"How bad is it?" Michael asks in a serious voice.

"Not too bad. He's going to be okay." Calum replies.

"Where was he shot?"

"Shoulder on the left arm. He's gonna have to rest for awhile. He's asleep right now"