Chapter 7

I ignored my alarm when it went off at 11am. Instead I decided to let my self sleep in. I didn't wake till 1:45pm. My mother had reminded me that we had a fancy dinner party thing tonight for my dads job.

   I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower. I washed my self while half asleep. Once out I dried off and went downstairs.

   My mom is sitting on the couch, scrolling on her tablet. She hears me walking and looks up.

  "Hi honey" she gives me a slight smile. I know she's excited to go tonight because that means she can show my dads assistant that he still has a wife.

 "Hi" I return the smile. I don't wanna ruin her little happiness.

  "You should start getting ready soon, We don't wanna hit traffic." I nod a go back up stairs. My dad works about 45 minutes away from our house but the dinner is a hour and a half away.

   I don't have a dress picked out because I totally forgot about this dinner. I don't really want to go but I have no way to get out of it. I chose to wear a simple black dress that I always wear to boring dinners.

   After taking awhile to get ready, my mom comes to my room to let me no that we are leaving.

   My father stands impatiently at the door with his eyes locked on his watch. My mom stares at him in a trance. I awkwardly cough to catch both of there attention. They snap there heads to me and walk out the front door.

   I always dread going to these dinners. It's just a bunch of old rich men comparing there new cars while eating steak. My family isn't rich like the others. We have money, but we aren't swimming in it.

   Most of my dads coworkers aren't loyal to there wives either. I will always blame my fathers job for my mothers pain.

    I will never be able to forget the night she found out. She had gone to my dads office to surprise him, but she's the one who received a surprise. She walked in on my father doing his assistant on the desk that he works on. My mother came home that night a wreck. She didn't let him come home that night. I don't know where he stayed. But I'll always find my mother stupid for not leaving him that very night.

   She forgave him after a few weeks. He did barely anything to make up for it. She's blinded by the thought of him being her perfect husband.

   The ride to the dinner is quiet and long. The silence makes my mind wonder. Unfortunately it wonders to someone I'm sick of thinking about. I just really wish michael was less confusing. He has made no contact with me all day but I don't care.

     We finally pull up to the dinning hall. It's big and beautiful. I step out of the car and am greeted by some of my dads friends who are outside smoking. I give them quick polite hellos and walk in.

   I find the table that my family is assigned to and sit. It's going to be and long boring night.

   I text Jenna a quick sos and close my phone. I barely know anyone. Every once in awhile I receive a judging look from a stranger.

   I watch as my parents make there rounds, they say hello to everyone they see. My mother is glued to my fathers side. This is the one night that he really acknowledges her. Tonight he will act as if there are no problems at home. He’ll act as if him and my mom are the perfect couple. And i will have to play the part of there perfect daughter. 

   After playing games and texting Jenna for a few hours, my phone dies. The boredom starts right away.

    I twirl my fork in the food placed in front of me. This food is expensive but that doesn't mean it tastes good. The room is loud as everyone mingles.