Chapter 46

~Jeongin~

Just like that, we were all back to singing and dancing in the practice room. This time we were given two more songs to learn as an encore performance for the festival.

The school started to recognize us as Stray Kids, and people soon forgot the title of "freshman Jeonginnie". Of course many people, especially Brian-hyung and Jinyoung-hyung, would come up and congratulate me whilst pinching my cheeks.

Ever since I hung out with Bangchan the other day he's been a lot more cheerful around me. It's not like I'm complaining, but I've been finding it quite tiring to have 24/7 red cheeks, and being flustered by the elders.

There was a loud clap that rang through the practice room which signaled us to stop.

"Alright," Bangchan announced. "That's it for today."

I let out a breath that I've been holding in since the beginning of practice, and I took a seat where I stood.

Woojin slid next to me and handed me his water bottle. "Here you go, Jeongin." He said, laying back onto the floor, putting his arms behind his head.

For a few minutes the two of us just sat there in silence trying to regain our breaths, as well as watching everyone chatter and pack up.

"Don't touch me!" Seungmin yelled, startling me.

I turned to find him and Hyunjin glaring daggers at each other by the door. Seungmin held onto his practice bag tightly as he stared down the elder.

Hyunjin scoffed. "Fine, go ahead, but don't come crawling to me when everything starts-"

"Why the hell would I go to you?!" Seungmin boldly interrupted. The younger's fist were clenched out of anger, and his ears were as red as fire.

Woojin shot up, and rushed to the two younger's. "Hey, what's wrong? Seungmin, calm down." Woojin said, putting a hand on Seungmin's chest to back him up. The latter sent Woojin a look, but the elder wasn't fazed by the act of disrespect.

"Don't tell me to calm down, tell him!" Seungmin shouted, pointing to the fuming Hyunjin. The latter sucked his teeth, and took a step forward. Woojin saw his advancement, and gave Hyunjin a push backwards.

Hyunjin looked to Woojin in shock. "Hyung, he's literally killing himself, and I'm trying to help him!" The younger said in defense.

"I'm not killing myself you dumbass!" Seungmin snapped. "I'm doing what I want, when I want and how I want it. Don't tell me I'm wrong when I haven't even tried!"

My jaw dropped at the younger's use of language. Minho ended up holding Hyunjin by the shoulders as Woojin kept his hand on Seungmin's chest. I saw how Bangchan approached the group just in case things got worse.

"But you've already tried! Now you're just being an asshole since I'm right!" Hyunjin replied, throwing his hands up.

Seungmin sent the elder a sharp glare. He pushed Woojin to the side, and approached Hyunjin. Bangchan tried holding Seungmin, but what he did next shocked him too much to even move.

Seungmin harshly poked his finger at Hyunjin's chest. "Listen Hwang, you better watch yourself. You're absolutely no one to me, and have no right to tell me what to do." He said darkly.