Hurricane

"And you're that wind that swept me off my feet
Got me flying til I'm crying and I'm down on my knees
That's what Dorothy was afraid of
The sneaky tornado.."

Hazel's POV

"Hazel, I cannot wait any longer. You have to make your decision quickly," Zach gruffly says.

"Zach, you've got to have patience. I'm not ready for this."

"I'm a man. How long do you expect me to wait for you?" He furrows his eyebrows and runs a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Look, I honestly think we're going too fast and-"

"Going too fast? Hazel it's seven O'clock already and your school starts at seven-thirty. How in the world are we moving too fast? Hurry up and pick your clothes! You're prodding with my patience." My short tempered brother says and I sigh. Picking out clothes for the first day of school is always the worst part of every academic year. Especially when that school is new to you.

"Alright, fine!" I yell, giving in.

"I'll just wear this one, then," I give a disapproving look at the mirror as it imitated me holding up the dress to my chest.

Zach gives a sigh of relief and scurries out of my room, telling me to hurry up.

I quickly put on the jeans and T-shirt and touch up my makeup one last time. Looking in the mirror one last time, I open the door to see Zach leaning against the staircase railing.

"Suit and tie?" I tease with a smirk and he rolls his eyes.

"It's orientation day for me, baby sister," he pats my head sarcastically and runs his hand down the polk-a-dotted tie before skipping down the steps.

"Ma is taking a jog at the park right now. I'll buy you a bagel on the way." He informs me and I internally scream with excitement.

Bagels and Bon Bons. These are the two things that make up my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

After Fifteen minutes of car beeping, bagel eating and arguing, we finally pull up to the building.

I sigh and eye the tall, dull building. "When I become an architect, I'm giving this place some life." I decide and Zach chuckles, looking longingly at the students as they wandered about.

He often tells me to enjoy my time in college. I can tell he misses it.

"Well, good luck sis. Don't cause trouble and.. Take care, yeah? Keep Annabeth by your side at all times," he smiles and ruffles my hair and I slap it away playfully.

Annabeth is my best friend of nine years. We do literally everything together and she has been with me through the good and the bad. After high school finished, we both decided we would go to the same collage and university. We even planned as far as giving birth to children on the same day!

She is mainly the reason Zach isn't dragging me to collage.

"I will," I laugh and jump out his old car, waving at him for the last time today.

Walking up the steps, there are students running past me from all directions. It's like I'm in the middle of a hurricane. But that's what I guess Collage is. A storm.

But I hear louder buzzing coming from the school hallway and I realize there must be something hectic going on in there. I push through the crowd, bumping shoulders with strangers as we exchange sorrowful looks.

I am suddenly yanked to a secluded part and my eyes light up with happiness when I see Annabeth smiling widely at me.

"Annabeth!" I squeal and we both wrap around each other in a tight hug, despite meeting only yesterday.