Lovers - Act Two

Lovers - Act Two

I walked home and quickly went upstairs to give my little sister her new violin

I knocked on the door and opened it when I heard her say so as I tried to hide the violin behind me.
"Guess who bought you a present?" I smiled as I slowly walked over her.
"Did you buy me a dog?" Mary asked, eyes shimmering.
"Didn't Jessi buy you a dog?" I asked and raised and eyebrow. "And no, sorry. It's not a dog. But here!"
I gave her the violin.
"You did not!" Mary exclaimed.
"Yes, I did." I shrugged. "Take care of it next time, will you?"
"Yep, I will!" Mary nodded furiously as she clutched the violin tightly.
"Well, I'll leave you now." I said and I left.
I made a few steps to my room when I heard Jessi behind me.
"Oh, you're here." Jessi said, a bit relieved. "Dad's looking for you."
"What is it?" I asked as we both went downstairs to the office.
"It's about Pacino, they're going to have an arrangement." Jessi filled me in. "I think they're going to make an arranged marriage."
"If they're taking Mary, they'll have to go through me. She's scared stiff by them!" I stopped to look at him.
"I don't think they're going to take Mary." Jessi held a sympathetic look that made me realized something.
They're not taking Mary, they're taking me.
"Oh, no." I panicked. "No, no, no, no, no."
"I know!" He said, trying hard not to panic. "What's your boyfriend gonna say? It's not fair."
"You're panicking more than I do." I pointed out as we stopped near the office. "Calm down, okay?"
"Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes as he opened the door before we both went inside.
Inside, we saw some of my father's associates. They were seated on both sides by my father, and a man was in front of him.
Me and Jessi went to the corner near our father's adviser, we saw that the man in front of us was no other than Pacino.
"What's happening?" I asked the person beside me, Mr. Thomas, one of my father's trusted associates.
"I came to make peace." Pacino spoke up. "[L/N], let's stop this useless hate on both our families."
"Brave of him to come without a consigliere." Jessi whispered to me.
"I don't think he's alone, he's probably just here." I whispered back to him.
"So you think an arrange marriage will fix it." Our father said. "You know, I don't approve of arrange marriages unless both parties are willing."
"I have a son." Pacino said. "You have a daughter. Two daughters."
"If you think of taking Mary, you're not going to do it." Jessi growled.
"Jessi." I jabbed him in the ribs and glared at him, he immediately shut up and sulked in a corner.
Our father glared at us both before he looked back at Pacino.
"I, too, want to keep the peace, Pacino. But we are not the ones to say." Father said and he nodded in my direction.
"I'll take a chance to meet him." I said, and bit my lip afterwards.
Both the family leaders sighed.
"I will arrange a meeting at our villa." Pacino said. "Thank you for taking my offer."
"Thank you and good day." Our father nodded and they both shook hands before Pacino left.
There was silence for a few minutes before Jessi yelled at me.
"Are you out of your mind?" Jessi yelled. "What if it's a set up? What if you die? What about your boyfriend? What about Al?"
"It's just a meeting, Jessi." I sighed and I looked at my father for help.
"For the peace." I say. "Come on, how long have this fued been going on?"
"I don't really want you to do this." My father says.
"Yeah, like dad says! How are you even gonna tell Al about this?" Jessi said. "Oh, hi Al. I'm the daughter of a mafia leader and I have to break up with you cause I'm being arranged marrieged to a guy named Pacino."
"Look, how I manage my love life is not your business, Jessi." I glared at him. "Besides, it's just a meeting. Maybe I can talk with his son and convince him to keep the peace in another way."
"You're not going alone, I'm going with you." Jessi was determined.
"Dad." I looked at him, the men were quiet while our argument was happening.
"Like hell you're going alone." Our father lit a cigarette. "Of course you're going to have bodyguards."
"Give me the permission to go father." Jessi said.
"Yes, sure. Take care of your sister." Our father puffed out a fume of smoke from his mouth.
"Oh, help." I rolled my eyes.