Part 12

Joey's POV:

      Well here we go, Chemo round two. I was waken up that morning by Daniel at a quarter past 10 with hot tea in his hand which he handed to me lovingly.

     "Good morning darling." He said brushing the hair outta my face. "Better get dressed. Your appointment is in thirty minutes."

     I smile at him, then painfully get up and out of bed. "How are you feeling today?" He asks walking towards the closet with me.

    "A little sore but not as bad as yesterday." I say taking of my shirt exposing my thin body to which I had hit the one-hundred-ten pounds mark last week. My ribs were popping out of my thin skin and I was paler than a ghost, and as much as I tried it was hard to keep a smile having a constant reminder that eventually I will have to leave Daniel alone in this world.

       "You look beautiful." He says kissing me.

     "I'm a boney freak." I say turning around, putting on a clean green t-shirt.

    "Hey, what's it you always say? Skinny legend?" He says trying to cheer me up.

     I look up and smile at him then look back down at the alarm clock sitting on the night stand.

    "We should get going if we want to get there early." I say.

     He nods walking out of the room, I  following behind him with a saddened expression on my face.

    We walk through the halls and down the stairs, me walking out the door Daniel stepping into the kitchen grabbing his keys before speeding out the front door as to not keep me waiting. What a sweetheart.

     "Ready?" Daniel asks buckling his seatbelt.

     I exhale as I utter the words "Ready as I'll ever be."

     He starts the car as I pull out my phone to play games.

    The car ride was silent for the most part, and quite calming although it being hard for me to sit still for long periods of time.

    I suppose I would have to get used to it though since Danny and I have decided to travel the world with the time I have left.

     I just couldn't bare the thought of spending the rest of my short life in a hospital bed without a chance to really live.

     I suppose regardless I will have to be in and out of doctor's offices and emergency rooms but at least this way I can die knowing I've done something with my life.

     I begin to drift off into my own head when I realize we've arrived to the hospital.

     I open my door, stepping out of the car as Daniel does the same.

     "Alrighty." He says. "Let's go get you checked in."

    I hold his hand as we make our way into the hospital and to the cancer care unit. God, I hate this place.

    It's so miserable here. Everyone here has to fake a smile and pretend like everything is going to be fine even though your life is falling apart.

     We met up with the nurse who would get me situated for chemo also known as hell round two.

      "Welcome back Joey." She greats me.

    "Hi." I say in a shy tone. She giggles.

   "Take a seat darling and I'll get you set up here." She walks out of the room for a moment.

    I sit down and look up at Danny who is still holding my hand.

       After a few minutes my nurse returns with her Pokey needles of torture.

    I extend my arm for her as she feels around for a vain to insert the needle.

  "Ouch." I cry squeezing Daniel's hand tightly.

     "I'm sorry." She apologized. "I know it can sting."

    She turns on the machine pumping the cool liquid in my veins, witch very easily becomes an unsettling feeling.

      I sat there still when all of a sudden I feel a wave of nausea go by. "The try." I gag pointing to it. Daniel Sprints over to the counter and grabs it, handing it to me just in time as I throw up for the first of many times today.

    "You're doing great, honey." Daniel says rubbing my back.

    "Good." My nurse says. "It's working."