Part 22

Joey's POV:

    "I'm going to be okay." I repeat to my self as a nurse takes me to radiology in a wheelchair Daniel walking next to me.

    I'm nervous, because my fate has been sealed. I have two months left and I fear that it will be taken from me. Every stomachache, every fever, every cough, is a step closer to the after life, but mabye I've let fear overrule me for too long and mabye this is my chance to grab fear my the horns and kick its ass.

    "Are you nervous?" The nurse asked me pushing me into a room with Daniel by my side.

    "Extremely." I say. "Let's do this."

   "Alright." she says smiling. "Hang tight, I'm going to go get Evelyn and we'll come get you when everything is set up."

    "Sounds great." I say playing with a stuffed panda Daniel had brought for me to cuddle with.

    She walks out of the room, leaving me and Daniel alone in the room.

     "I'm so proud of you." Daniel says.

     "For what?" I ask confused.

    "For being so brave. You've come so far."

    "I couldn't have done it without you Danny." I say making grabby hands to pull him down to my level. I kiss him on the cheek and he brushes the hair out of my face.

   "I'm scared." Daniel says.

     "About what?" I ask.

     "I'm scared that this cancer is going to take you away from me sooner, I'm scared what life will be like without you and most of all I'm scared that I won't be able to keep my promise to you about finding love again because Joey, I will never in a million years find someone that I love a much as you."

   I sit there speechless. "Danny..." I start before Dr. Evelyn and the nurse walk in. Oh thank God, I've never been happier to see them.

   "we're ready for you Joey." Dr. Evelyn says as the nurse walks towards me and pushes me into a room with the MRI machine in it.

  I gulp and look at Daniel.

   "Don't worry." He says "You're going to okay, remember?" He smiles and helps me up.

    I lay still in the machine, nervous as hell. It's so much scarier than I remember.

     I breath in and out and try to remember one thing.

    I'm going to be okay, I'm going to be okay.

     I repeat that in my head over and over and before I know it, It's done, I did it.

    Dr. Evelyn, Daniel and the nurse walk back in and assist me back into the wheelchair.

     A few hours pass and Daniel and I lay there in the room cuddling.

     "I'm glad your my husband." Daniel says holding me tight in his arms.

   I look up at him and snuggle my head into his chest.

     "Me too."