A Normal Life, So Far

(I drew these kinda as a reference for me! This girl isn't want you'll look like but I want to draw stuff including Ann and you, so yeah)Your POV

Your POV

It's been only a couple of months since I first meat Ann. Since then, nothing happened between us. We would say hi to each other in the halls, but that was it. I really, really wanted to hang out with her, get her phone number or something. But I knew that she'd never want to hang out with someone like me. And I don't even know if she likes girls...

"Hey (Y/N), were you listening to what I said?"

"Huh?" I realize that I was spacing off and that I wasn't listening to my cousin Hana. We were walking to the train station after school. She had her arms wrapped around my left arm.

"I was asking if you were excited about the Hawaii trip."

"Oh, yeah, of course. To bad that you can't go." I say. Hana shrugs.

"I'll be fine...I think." She looks down. I've lived in a two-apartment complex with Hana, her brother, and my...aunt, for only a couple of years. My dad and I moved to Japan when my mom died. We wanted a fresh start, so they let us have the other apartment. We live in 195, they live in 193.

"Only one more year than you can go!" I say, trying to cheer her up.

"But then I won't go with you!"

"That's true...Oh! We're here." We both change our direction towards the station and walk down the wide stairs. Hana lets go of my arm and whips out her phone to check the train time. I only notice now that she painted another phone case again. This time it was baby blue and pastel pink with yellow stars.

"Aw shit! It's coming in a minute!" Hana exclaims. She grips onto my arm again and rushes to our train with her dragging me along. When we got to our card reader, she grabbed both of our cards, scanned them, and practically jumped over it. Then acting as nothing had just happened, she started running again. Then after a while of running and trying not to bump into people, we retched our train stop. She let go of my arm and she put her hands on her knees breathing heavily. I looked up at the board that read the times.

"You dumbass! The next trains coming in 6 minutes!" I yelled.

"W-wait what?!" She looked up at the board as well.

"Oh, oops." After a second of silence, we burst out into laughter. We were giggling uncontrollably and getting stared at. But we didn't even notice.

"(Y/N)?" I look up to see a pretty confused Ann. She has her bag in one hand and her phone in the other. I freeze.

"A-Ann!" I jump up.

"U-um, I-"

"Who's this?" Hana asks. I know that she knows who Ann is. And she knows my crush on her. What is she playing at?

"I'm Ann, and you are?"

"I'm (Y/N)'s cousin Hana"

"Nice to meet you! I do feel like I've seen you around with (Y/N)" Then Hana and Ann started to talk about me, their break, but mostly me. I had a feeling that she was going to say something embarrassing about me. But thankfully, I heard our train start to come to the station.

"H-Hana! Our trains here, we need to go." I say as I grab her by the arm.

"Aw, you're leaving so soon? That's a shame. See you tomorrow at school!" Ann says happily. I awkwardly wave as I drag Hana with me into the train. Once the doors close, I let go of her arm.

"What the hell was that?!" I ask.

"Jeez, I was just talking to her!"

"Yea, but you'd say something embarrassing about me!"

"Who said I would do that?" Hana says rasining her eyebrow. She's really good at doing that.

"Fine, fine. Your right." I say sighing. She smiles. After a couple of stops, we make it to ours. We both get off and start walking to our apartment. We mostly walk in silence, until Hana ask me about my day. We talk about our days until we reach our apartment. We both walk-up the long and wide stairs until we get to our doors. We both stop to get our keys until we hear something coming for Hana's apartment. It's my aunt. We hear yelling, screaming, something shatter, and then silence. Hana's face goes white. She slowly turns to face me.

"...can I stay at your place again?" she askes weakly. Without saying anything, I nod and open my door. I lead her inside and go into my room. Her stuff from last night is still there. She flips down on my bed and smashes her face in one of my pillows.

"You know, you're going to have to go back there at some point." I tell her.

"I know, it's just...she's gotten worse. She's been drinking a whole lot more, and she's been staying out more. We tell her that she probably needs to go to rehab or something, but then she'll yell at us..." Hana gets up and sits on the edge of my bed. I sit next to her.

"You have to be there for Juro. You just can't keep leaving him alone each night. I bet he's just as scared as you." Hana nods.

"I should probably go over there..." I smile at her.

"It's the right thing to do. I'll even stay with you for a while.

"I'd like that..." She smiles weakly. We then get her stuff all together and start to walk out of my apartment.

"You know, I wish that she'd have a...change of heart," Hana says all of a sudden. I turn to face her.

"What, like those Phantom Thieves?" She nods.

"Yeah...they're hella cool," Hana says with a small smile. I giggle.

"D-don't laugh!" She shouts. If Hana believes in them, then they might just be real.

----------------------------------------

wOW, that take a while to rewrite. But I did it!!! I just really wanted to kinda set up the living situation for the story, but don't worry! They'll be much more Ann in the next chapter! Anyway, see ya'll soon!

-buni

P.S; the apartment situation I based on my friend, who does live with her cousin in a two-apartment complex.