Part 1

Aelin fell through the air at an alarming speed. She was going to die, she was sure. She only thought of Rowan as she spiraled down, she never got to say goodbye.

Her tears were swept away by the wind that broke as her body kept falling. Just when Aelin thought she would fall on forever, a void opened and she flew through it.

The black nothingness transformed into a night sky with billions of stars. For a second, she forgot her pain as she looked down at the city before her.

Beautiful streets packed with dancing people— not people, Fae. Even though it seemed late night, the open, vintage and full of nature roof-less diners and shops were full of laughing chatter.

Aelin was closer to the ground now. Not far away, in the balcony of a big manor, a beautiful male and female stood gazing at the stars.

The female was pregnant, her long, golden brown hair cascading down her back in elegant waves, light blue eyes twinkling with love and admiration as she looked at her partner.

The male was the most handsome being Aelin had ever seen, with dark blue-black hair and olive skin, he had violet eyes that seemed to speak for themselves.

He took notice of Aelin, and two powerful wings grew out from his back as his serene face turned alarmed. With a crouch, he took at a great speed to the skies.

The female's eyes grew large, and it could be seen that she wanted to follow out too. Her delicate hand curled protectively around her growing belly and her head snapped to look to the side.

A child ran out to the balcony and clutched the female's skirts. The girl's hair was also blue-black, but her eyes were a surprising pink violet.

Aelin blinked, through her light golden curtain of hair she saw the male approach, his huge wings drawing close. The strong wind threw her hair against her face in such force that it was painful.

Suddenly, Aelin felt tired, she had endured so much. She wanted to sleep. Just as two strong arms gripped her, she welcomed the darkness.

****

Aelin felt like she was in heaven. She was laying in something soft, on something that felt like feathers. Was she dead? Without opening her eyes, she breathed in deeply.

If she was in heaven, would she see Sam?

Her eyes filled with tears, and she opened them.
She was not dead, unless when people died they arrived in a beautiful room with an amazing view of green hills and peaky snowed mountains.

Aelin's stomach growled as she sat up. She was in a soft canopy bed, pretty silk curtains draped over to give her privacy. She slowly started remembering the fall, Maeve, the coffin.

As she arched her back to stretch, a blinding pain shot through the skin on her back. She then remembered Cairn. Whipping her. She swallowed and carefully got off the bed to keep her hurt skin from burning again.

As Aelin's feet touched the warm wood floors, there was a silent knock on the door. She startled. Was it the handsome man that caught her fall? Was it the beautiful pregnant woman? Then she remembered they were not humans, they were Fae. And not just half breed, but full Fae-blooded. Where had that strange void taken her?

Aelin cleared her throat. "Come in." She said, her voice raspy of so much screaming. Screaming at the inside of the coffin. Clawing at the golden mask that held on her face. Crying and choking on her own tears as she thought about her family.

You did this for them, Aelin. She reminded herself every time she felt like she was on the edge. She had to endure the whipping and abuse from Cairn.
All for her family, her mate.

A deal had been made to keep Cairn from abusing her sexually, Fenrys warmed Maeve's bed every night in exchange for that. But Cairn had still gotten close to it a few times. He would smile after breaking her wrists and look her over slowly. He would take her clothes off. He would start to touch her in ways she almost didn't endure. Aelin had thanked the stars when someone interrupted those moments.

The doorknob turned slowly and the golden-brown haired female entered. Her blue eyes scanned Aelin from head to toe, and she put a hand to her stomach as she looked out the window.

"The view is beautiful isn't it?" She said, then looked back at Aelin.

Aelin nodded. She did not feel like speaking, but she wanted to ask  her name.

"What is your name?" She rasped.

The female smiled slightly. "Feyre. High Lady of the Night Court."

Aelin frowned. Night Court... she had never heard of that place, or the title of High Lady. She watched as Feyre sat heavily on a cushioned chair next to the bed.

Aelin tilted her head. "What is the name of this city?"

"It is called Velaris." Feyre said. "City of Starlight."

It didn't sound familiar. "Is this Doranelle?" Aelin asked.

"No." Feyre looked puzzled.

"Some sort of Fae lands then?"

"Yes. The human border is close to the Spring Court." Feyre paused. "They belong to the High Lord Tamlin."

Feyre shook her head and straightened. "Anyway. Are you human?"

Aelin shook her head. "I am half Fae. My name is Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius, I am Queen of Terrasen."

Adarlan's  Assassin.
The King's Champion.
Witch Slayer.
Heir of Brannon.
Fire-breathing bitch queen.
The Queen who was promised.
Aelin thought. And forever Fireheart.