Chapter 3

"What time is it now?"

"Near to 12," he said, looking at his watch.

"That late?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes. Come on let's start walking you home."

"I'm sorry for sounding rude. Since you said you're famous, why didn't you drive or have someone drive you tonight?"

"I told you I was just walking to clear up my head. I took a cab and went here for a walk."

Youra hesitated. He's still a stranger.

"I swear to you I'm a good person. I know you don't trust me but I have to tell you there are surveillance cameras along the way. If anything goes wrong - not that I have any ill intentions towards you - the camera is going to get it all in."

"Okay then. It's this direction," Youra pointed after some consideration. She didn't ask his name nor did he asked hers. They started their walk and Youra told him about the day so far.

Youra was an open book.

If there's one bad habit that her best friend could say about her, it was that she can't keep her mouth shut when she's angry. She had the tendency to unload everything off until she was spent. What happened that day made her head throb that she ended up telling the guy everything. Not knowing his identity was like a safety blanket. She didn't have to fawn on him if she actually know who he was as she blab away.

He was sighing when she told him about the difficult parent at school. He groaned when she told him about her phone and purse; and laughed when Youra told him about what she did to her newly ex-boyfriend, saying her ex deserved it. Before long, they reached her home and she was able to smile. It was actually a small house on the rooftop with the view of the neighbourhood at night. The rent was reasonable since it was far from the city.

"So this is my small abode. Thank you for walking me home, Mr. Famous Guy," she said. They both still hadn't share their names along the way.

"I have to thank YOU for tonight though. It was interesting," he laughed, referring to their encounter at the bridge.

"I'm sorry again," she bowed, clearly apologetic.

"What's your name? Let's exchange phone number," he said.

"Oh no... my phone is still at my workplace," she said putting her hand to her face. "My mom would probably call the police if I'm not answering my phone," she lamented. Her mother would always call her every night before she goes to bed. Since Youra was living alone, that was the only way her mother would let her work in the city.

"Here, use my phone. Call her now," he offered.

She rattled off the number and he dialed for her when she was squinting really hard at the phone. As expected, her mother was shouting at the end of the line loud enough for Mr. Famous Guy to flinch when she knew who was calling. Youra convinced her mother that she was safe at home and she promised to call her mother when she get her phone back. She returned the phone when she was done.

"Thank you again," Youra bowed before turning to the door.

"Wait what's your name?" he asked.

"It's Han Youra. What's yours?" she asked back.

"Give me your number first," he said. Youra gave him her number thinking that he was maybe a nice guy after all since he walked her home safely. He was thoughtful to let her use his phone. Her gut told her he was one of the good guys.

"Okay, done saving," he said after keeping her number in his phone.

"You haven't told me your name yet Mr. Famous Guy," she reminded him.

"Oh. It's Kim Seokjin. You can call me Jin. Of Bangtan Sonyeondan," he replied with a big smile. "I'm not known as Mr. Famous Guy by the way."

Youra's jaw and heart dropped to her feet.