Chapter 8 - Grow Up

August POV
3 months later
I waited as the phone rang 8 times finally going to voice mail .

" Sorry i couldnt get to the phone leave a message and ill get back to you "

" key call me back bae i miss you mane im sorry it was a mistake..i love you ma "

I hung the phone up and stood walking out of my studio at home . House was empty. I was empty. All they stuff is officially gone , no more toys , clothes , random items id find around the house . I fucked up big, its one thing to cheat and another to cheat knowing the past and promising to never do that. All for a temporary feeling ? Now i got this pain in my chest that i cant shake .

Niggas will call me soft , cupcaker, shi like that but whole time? I just miss my shorty and not Mayah ...

Keyani POV

" Ben give me my damn baby ! " i laughed as he ran down the hall

" This my baby na "

" she dont even like youuuuu " I stopped walking and crossed my arms stomping with a pout .

" bennnnn stoppp " i whined and he just stared at me

" your not 5 grow up " my mouth dropped as he walked past me straight into his room .

" BEN! " i followed and jumped on his back

" if i woulda dropped her it would be yo ass not mines "

" It bet not be nobodys ass stop playing in my damn house ! Yall too big for that " momma g yelled as she came up the stairs into the room. I got down and ran up to hug her .

" mommmaaa i havent seen you in so long " i hugged her tight as my eyes watered. Its been so long since me and her last saw each other. Today was the first day i came back to her house .

" aw pooh you missed me ? I missed my baby too " she kisses my cheek and we let go . I smiled bright at her and took lani from Ben .

I watched as mama grin widened as she looked at Lani.

" hey stink " i watched as lani smiled big and reached her arms out to her and mama g took her .

" how've you been ?" She sat on the bed and played with Lani .

" pretty good how about you " i looked at her and smiled

" thats good and great myself no problems i got a new boo and all " i laughed and looked at her shocked

" Newww booooo okay cause period !" I said hyping her up you feel me

" okayyy " we laughed and she looks at me

" what about you girl you got a new boo yet ?"

" umm no im okay i have to focus on " i cleared my throat thinking back to that day

" focus on lani sorry " i finished my sentence and she looked at her

" spill the tea "

" what te-"

" dont play dumb with me i know that look " i sighed and looked at her

" August but it was too good to be true you know?" i shrugged looking up at her and making eye contact at me

" aw..key im sorry to hear that " she said and i drank from my water bottle trying to make the lump in my throat go away .

No tears .

No tears .

No..Tears.

" Yeah im not sweating i-"