Chapter 9- Old Lovers New Ways

A year later

" Kalani. Leave her alone honey " i picked Lani up from tapping Kennedy 's face .

" ma ma Baby?" She said excited

" yes its a baby your little sister " i smiled at her and she sat next to her and watched as she slept .

Ding Ding

I checked my phone to a message and rolled my eyes

Anothony🙄: Yo ! Stop ignoring me. I said im sorry bout that conversation mane, what else you want from ah nigga?

August🙄:please man I need you right now. I know i did u dirty and kind of downplayed it after u let me back in bbg life but yall all i got besides my nieces ma. This was so long ago i wanna move past this shit!I love you.

August🙄: meet me at the park on 45th and Arvile @ 1 pm bring my babies please i miss them

    Me: Ill come but only because she miss you . Fucking goof.😒

I checked the time and it read 12:45 , Lani was already dressed and washed up but i didnt know if i wanted us to go but its been a while . This would be the first time we'd be seeing August in person in a while so i dont know how she'd react.

August had been on tour most of my pregnancy still checking in here and there only reason we've been in contact is because Lani misses him and constantly wants to talk to him. I don't want my baby to suffer because we had our issues .

Me and August reconnected after my 8 month mark, he was there at Kennedy's birth and has been there since after kind of. Kennedy is a splitting imagine of me, shit i think so but every one pretty much tells me she looks like August until they see a picture of my dad.

" Kennn" i looked at her waking up and kissed her cheeks.

" Lani wanna go see August "

" yes mommy! Go see augyyy" I watched as she got happy and clapped . I got up packing her bag with a spare outfit, a first aide kit and snacks . I helped her put her sandals on and put her hair in a big poof .

Grabbing her hand i walked out of my condo with the both of them and took them downstairs to my car. When i got to my car i sat Kennedy seat down and put Lani in on her side then goes around and straps ken seat down. I put their bags down and got in the front seat driving off towards the park .

45 minutes later

Pulling into a park i cut the engine off and watched as August stepped out of his car. He had on a white polo tshirt and some grey Nike Sb Shorts with his white forces . He looks good. I bit my lip catching my focus again as he knocked on the window.

" yes ?" I rolled the window down speaking to him

" Unlock yo doors so i can see my kids " he mugged me and backed up

" you mean my kids ... you could ask nicely " i unlocked the doors and he opened Lani door first. With a bunch of excitement she wraps her arms around his neck and hugs him tight.

"Augyyy " she kissed her cheek and stared at him like she had found her long lost friend .

" hey princess i missed you too " he chuckled hugging her back and reaching over to grab Kennedys toes. Touching his fingers she gushed with excitement showing her gums.