Wake Up

I felt like my head was going to explode. There was something in my nose and I could hear beeping. With great effort I opened my eye to a blinding white, I groan in discomfort. To my side I heard movement causing me to flop my head to the left, squinting at the source. I was Master! He was sitting in a chair by the bed, now staring at me with intent.

"M-Master."

I force the word out of my dry mouth, trying to lick my chapped lips. This made him jump up, sprinting to my side.

"Shadow! My dear sweet pet you're finally awake, you're alive!"

Suddenly all the memory of what happened flooded back to me. The fight, Master, healing...dying. I turn to look at Master, tears streaming down his face.

"How, how am I alive?"

"That would be my doing."

I whip my head to look at the door. There, in the entrance, stood the All-father. I eminently look down, feeling even more confused.

"All-father, what are you doing here? What do you mean?"

I heard him chuckle, moving closer.

"Thor came back and pleaded for me to give Loki back his power so they could save you. All of the mortals here begged, even Loki got down and pleaded."

I looked at Master in shock, he had a subtle blush on his cheeks.

"I would be willing to do anything for my dear pet."

I smiled, warm and thankful.

"I stayed to make sure Loki didn't try anything."

It took all of my will to not glare at him.

"Now that you are well I shall take your powers once more and return to Asgard."

Before either of us could ague Odin put his hand on Master's back and there was a flash of white before he was gone. Master gasped and clutched his chest, breathing heavily.

"Master! are you alright?"

I struggle out of bed, pulling him into a hug. He pats my back with a smile

"Yes, I'm alright, that just isn't very pleasant."

The two of us stay there for a bit, just holding one another before Master speaks up.

"The others are waiting for you. You've been asleep for almost two weeks."

I shot my head up in shock.

"What! I'm so sorry Master, I left you alone so long!"

Master just smiled, rubbing my head.

"I'm just glad you're alive."

Master pulled me into a crushing hug which I reciprocated the best I could.

"Don't you ever do that again, you understand me."

I knew there were tears soaking my shirt as we clung to each other. All my worry and fear, anger, and strength drained from me as I held tightly to Master. We cried for who knows how long as he spilled praise and thank in my ear. After our tears finally settle Master pulled back, wiping the wet stains from my cheeks.

"Now, let's head to the living room, everyone has been worried about you too."

Master looked to the ceiling.

"Jarvis, could you please gather everyone?"

"I already sent out a call for a surprise when Shadow awoke."

I smiled at the voice.

"Thank Mister Jarvis."

With that Master stood, picking me up with him. I wrap my arms around his neck and curl into his chest, basking in his warmth.