Not A Monster, A Hero

We had just finished the movie Alice in Wonderland, I was snuggled in the nest Miss Nat made while curled into Masters side. It was then the elevator opened to revile someone I was hoping to never see again. Mister Fury stepped out of the box with two guards on either side. Instantly everyone was on their feet, Master holding me close in a protective embrace. Mister Fury held up his hands in a placating manner, showing he meant no harm.

"Relax, I'm not here to try and take her."

Reluctantly everyone sat down but they were still poised to fight.

"So when I was here I said if we saw anything that suggested she was dangerous that I would be back."

I felt Master hold me tighter.

"But after saver the world, I feel I can say with confidence that you are not a threat. So, after nearly dying to save Loki and the world, I have a gift to present you with."

Slowly he walked over to me, everyone still ready to jump to my aid. From his pocket, he pulled a laminated card handing it to me.

"This is an identification card stating you are under the protection of S.H.I.L.D, and a hero of earth, thank you."

With that, he turned and left. I looked at the card in my hand, a hero. For all my life I was called a monster, worthless, pathetic, demon. Now I look at this card, the proof that I am good, that I'm more than my power, my wings. I'm loved, not just by Master, but others. I felt my tears well up once more, I'm shocked I still have tears. I turn and hug Master, the card pressed to my chest.

"I'm a hero, Master. I'm not a monster to them."

I was enveloped in his arms as he rubbed a hand up and down my back.

"I know my flower, I'm so happy for you."

I just cried, holding my pride as I let the joy fill me. After a while, I heard Mister Tony.

"You know, I'm still shocked you decided to stay."

I looked at him in confusion.

"Well the big guy offered to let Loki and you back, give him his power, but he said no."

I turn to Master in shock, he just gave me a warm smile.

"While having my power would be nice, I can see just how happy you are here, and...I prefer it here too."

With a splitting grin, I dive back into Master's chest. He just laughs and holds me close. I turn back to all the others in the room, my family, and I know I'm truly home.