Chapter 4

Odd woke up in the forest, dressed in the jet-black version of his Lyoko garb, sans the cat hands. In their place were mountable wrist shooters for his laser arrows. Of course, this wasn't what freaked him out the most. What did, was the fact that he was in the forest at all, Lyoko gear or not. He looked around, getting up from his position to find Jeremie and Ulrich in the same boat. Both were dressed in their Lyoko garb, clad in black. Is this some weird holiday prank that Sissi is playing on us? Cause I'm not laughing. He went over to Jeremie's position and gently shook him. "Jeremie, wake up. Come on, this is no time for dreaming of Aelita!"

Jeremie's form nestled at the mention of Aelita's name, only to be violently shaken awake by Odd. His eyes shot open as he kicked Odd in the stomach in self-defense. "Oh, sorry Odd. I guess I thought you were someone else. Though who, I don't know." He looked over himself, his breathing becoming more erratic as he confirmed his thoughts. Lyoko garb, jet black... what in the hell is going on. "I can see I'm not the only that's being freaked out." Jeremie looked around the forest, noting the full moon being their only source of light. "Maybe we should get to the factory to check if XANA has launched an attack."

Ulrich woke up, his body shifting upwards as he pushed the ground away from him. Looking over his body, his mind raced with questions as to why he was in the forest in his Lyoko garb, and why it was black instead of the usual yellow. He brought his gaze up to Jeremie and Odd, both looking at Ulrich like he was possessed by XANA. "You guys too?!" Ulrich took a step back, drawing his saber for self-defense.

"Relax Ulrich, it's us: Odd and Jeremie." Jeremie said, trying to calm the swordsman's nerves. "We're just as freaked out as you are." Jeremie stepped closer to Ulrich, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You can put your sword away, I promise we're not going to hurt you, my friend."

Ulrich put his weapon away, sheathing it slowly. "Sorry guys, I guess I'm a little jumpy given our situation." He and the other two began to walk towards the sewer. "I take it our plan is to go to the factory?"

Odd smiled his usual charismatic smile. "Of course it is, good buddy."

                                         * * * * 

Jeremie pulled the manhole lid off the ground with ease and tossed it away like it was made of paper. "Uh... that was unique. That manhole cover usually weighs a good amount for me to lift."

Ulrich stood stunned. "You've never been good at sports, or lifting weights, or any physical activity for that matter." That was true, Jeremie usually spent his time in front of his computer programming ways to make their fight with XANA more fruitful, and to be rid of the nasty AI once and for all.

Odd joined Jeremie as they climbed down. "Could have something to do with why we're in our Lyoko gear?"

Jeremie chimed in as he took his hands off the ladder supports. "Possibly, I feel as if I could run a marathon and not even break a sweat. Who wants to test that theory?" He sounded eager, unlike his usual self who detested anything physical.

Ulrich and Odd joined him in a track start as they raced towards the other end of the sewer. Odd pulled ahead, trying not to run on all fours as they jumped over the staircase in the middle. Jeremie's stride started to lengthen as he gave more and more power to his legs. Despite all the power he was giving them, he didn't feel tired at all. It was almost decided until Ulrich used his super sprint at the last second, securing victory.

"Well, I guess that's to be expected when you can run faster than the speed of sound!" Odd shouted as they climbed up the ladder to the factory bridge. Opening the cover, the three boys all stood up as they walked towards the entrance. "Jeremie, what was the last thing you remember before waking up in the forest."