Part 11

FADE IN:

INT. PARENTS' HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

James comes to. The house is clean. His dead family gone. The clock reads 12:00 p.m.

EXT. PARENTS' HOUSE - AFTERNOON

James steps outside. The rain stopped. The neighborhood is empty.

James notices his PARENT'S CAR is still in the driveway, right next to a "HOUSE FOR SALE" sign that flaps in the breeze.

INT. PARENTS' CAR - MOVING - MOMENTS LATER

James makes his way through town. The red mark around his wrist has crept over his whole hand in a veiny spiderweb. His eyes are sunken into his skull behind dark bags.

INT. SHRINK'S OFFICE - LATER

James comes in and yells hysterically at the red head at the front desk.

JAMES:  Where's the doctor?!?

RED HEAD:  I'm sorry, sir...

JAMES:  WHERE THE HELL IS HE?!

RED HEAD:  The doctor is not in right now! (beat) But he left this for you.

She hands him a letter. James opens it and reads it right there.

INSERT - LETTER, which reads:

DR. NEKAWA (V.O.):  James, I can help you no more. I have given you what you need. The rest is up to you now. You can end all of this. You must focus, you must see the truth that is before you. If you do not, all you know will be lost, and you will be stuck in this dark world... forever.

BACK TO SCENE

James looks up from the letter. The office is vacant and dark, like no one was ever there. He leaves in a hurry.

INT. PARENTS' CAR - MOVING - EVENING

James speeds through town. Still no rain.

INT. HOSPITAL - NINA'S ROOM - LATER

James bursts in, he pants heavily. Nina is gone, her bed empty. James panics. He runs out of her room yelling.

HALLWAY

James enters the hall. He starts to yell for help.

JAMES:  Where is my...

But the hall is empty and dark, just like the shrink's office.

JAMES:  SOMEBODY HELP ME!!

His words echo through the halls.

James runs through the halls in search of someone—anyone. He is stopped by the sound of a soft familiar voice.

NINA (V.O.):  James.

James turns to see Nina's silhouetted figure. She stands at the end of the hallway, just like in his dreams.

NINA:  James... go.

He does not listen. Instead, he runs towards her.

The Ghost suddenly creeps her way out of a room right between them and stops James in his tracks, he slides and falls on the slick floor.

James lies there, too scared to move. The Ghost slowly makes her way towards him, she reaches for him with crooked fingers.

NINA:  JAMES, GO!!

The Ghost releases an ear-popping scream.

James gets to his feet and runs as fast as he can through the halls and out of the hospital.