Prisoner

My worry escalates as every hour grudges by. My fear intensifies as the time gets closer by the minute. My dread rises as each tick and tock of the clock can be heard.

Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Ding Dong. Most people would be saved by the bell. Don't be fooled though not everyone is saved. Not everyone can make it through to the next chime of the bells.

They take me by the hands, bound by rope, and lead me through the dark hallways of this school, now prison. The only light flickering from the few candles still alight. I walk slowly, trying to slow down time, trying to keep these precious moments last. They tug me harder making me fall to the ground. My knees scrape the ground. My capture walks on dragging me behind as I try to stand. My capture stops at a doorway, allowing me to stand, while he waits for it to be opened. As we stand the ticks of a clock from somewhere in the hallway could be heard. A small peephole in the door opened.

"Ouvrez les portes de la mort," the guard told the man behind the door. They didn't bother keeping their voices down for everyone knew that you only visited this door once.

"That's a classy password," I mumbled to myself. Before I realized what was happening, I was dropped to the floor, a blind fold was put around my eyes and I was slapped in the back of my head. I sat there confused, why would they blind fold me just so they could slap me I wondered. After a few minutes of sitting and waiting I was heaved to my feet and shoved forward blindly. A pair of strong hands took hold of my shoulders leading me somewhere. I felt the the man's hands shift slightly as the rest of his body went above mine and my foot hit a hard flat surface. Instinctively my foot raised and I started climbing stairs. My blindfold was hit with light making me squint on impulse.

"Sit," A deep voice commanded me to do. I did as I was told not wanting to be slapped again. The arms grabbed my shoulders and lowered me down so I was lying on my stomach. My neck was supported by a thick piece of wood. I imagined what I must look like right now. I heard shuffling of feet all around me when my blind is taken off revealing the ground below me. I look to my side to see the man who was holding me, he was wearing all black with the executioner's mask. A hand roughly moves my head so I was looking at the ground again. So death by a guillotine I thought to myself.

"Off with their head!" I hear someone behind me yell.