The first task

"Why did you save me?"

"I couldnt let you drown again. It's like a loop."

———————————————————————

Dami's PoV

"Hey Granny." I smile at my computer as her grin bobs into view.

"Yoobin!" She exclaims, adjusting her laptop screen so she can face me fully. "What a treat! You look so skinny-have they been feeding you? I bet they havent! I keep reading the news about people dying. You must come to your grandma's house for soy crab and clams!"

She babbles for a while and I smile, comforted by it, occasionally glancing to the side of the room where Yoohyeon sleeps, brow crinkled. Her hair is plaited-courtesy of moi-but it still manages to escape and curl around her face at the front.
I'm really worried about her. The frown on her face, the mauve crescents which underline her eyes and the drooping limbs from over-practising. She hasnt played a videogame in three days! That's not normal for her.

I sigh for a second before tuning back into what granny is saying.
"Of course I wasnt about to forfeit my spot in line-ho no no! That little man was going to listen to ME. So i stood still, looked him in the eye and said 'My purse costs more than your entire body' and i hit him with it.
Of course security came but then I just played the sweet old lady and..."
I tune out again, waiting for the story to end as I rehearse how I'm going to tell her over and over in my mind.
Yoohyeon mumbles something from the sofa and I look over to see her smiling. Actually smiling in her sleep.
"Granny, what can you tell me about soulmates?"

Yoohyeon's PoV
The girl standing in front of me is stunning. She is absolutely soaked and her dress clings to her skin but her eyes glow with warmth as she stares into my soul.
"My name's Y/N."
And suddenly, all I want to do is collapse into her arms and shut my eyes. So that's exactly what I do.
My eyelids flutter but remain glued shut as she struggles with my weight, splashing slightly then tumbling backwards into the water.
If you did not watch Gahyeon's Vlog are you even ALIVE right now?
I'm sorry it's a short chapter :/ and it's taken me ages to upload because the top of my screen is cracked so I can't click the "publish" button properly