Bumping Into An Old Friend

I stood in the side of the road, pondering if I should ever come back to him, at least to apologize for the future. I should, but only to tell him we might not ever see each other again.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and started walking back. I digged my hands deeper in my pocket, only finding that something was inside it. I took out a folded up note with a red shard of stained glass tied around it with a red silk string.

I untied the rope and carefully slid out the shard and placed it in my palm, inspecting it. I tore a piece of fabric from my shirt and wrapped it around the glass. I'm not sure if someone poisoned the edge of the shard and waited for me to cut myself because the edges looked unusually sharp and shiny.

The poison could've been the nectar from the licianne flower. It is a white, blue and gold flower that is only an inch wide when fully blossomed. It looks like a miniature rose, and it smells like a honeysuckle. It seems like a harmless plant but when you get cut by thorns that are unseen by the naked eye on its petals, there is a 96% chance you will die. The other 3% is that you will suffer from a burning pain in the chest for the rest of your life.

I slowly slid the shard, silk string and note in my bag, not wanting to read the note until I finish my business with Leo. I walked on the sidewalk, kicking the dirt around while I thought how the note got into my pockets in the first place.

I started to run, just to get the whole thing over with, until a door opened right in front of me, causing me to slam into it. My things scattered everywhere. I tried to quickly grab my things back inside my bag, not caring who opened the door. I just didn't want to be a burden again.

I started running faster and faster to Leo's house because I could tell that from the corner of my eye that the person that opened the door was chasing me.

He called out "Stop!"

I kept running.

"STOP!" He called out again.

••••••••••§••••••••••

"Triston! Get to the kitchen!" My friend Eleanora called out. I skipped to the kitchen to find a huge mess. A sack of flour was ripped open and spilt on the floor. "What's going on here El?" She stood there with her hands on her hips and giving a glare.

"I called you over here to ask if you made this mess. Since you don't know, it's probably not you who made the mess. I obviously didn't make it since I just got home from shopping for more peaches. Now, I don't care anymore who made this mess so clean it up already. When your mother gets home, we'll both be dead if she sees this. "

Even though she's works at the bakery with me and MY mother owns the bakery, Eleanora is still given the spot as the manager. I sighed and picked up a broom. I started sweeping to a tune I was humming.

After I was finish sweeping up the whole mess, I took a deep breath and just collapsed on the floor. Eleanora came back in the room with a plateful of sliced peaches. She giggled when she saw me napping on the floor. "Get up and take this plate to the potionmaker's son. Please, do it for me." She pleaded. And pouted.

I couldn't ever say no to her pouts so I took the plate and stood up. I brushed off a bit of dirt off my pants. I ate a piece of the juicy fruit as I walked to the front door, only to be whacked in my arm.

"Hey" She laughed. "Those peaches aren't for you ponyboy." I rolled my eyes at her playfully. Since I loved animals- especially horses, she would always call me ponyboy.

When I opened the door, something or someone slammed into it. I quickly dropped the plate to assist the mess. Luckily the plate didn't break but a few peaches did fall off. El will kill me for this. I could already hear her screaming my name. I wanted to try to help the person or thing that slammed into my door but apparently 'she' started to run away from the scene. She dropped something wrapped in cloth so that gave me another reason to run after her. Also I could hear Eleanora shouting my name with a few of her colorful words describing me.