Finding More

I stood there, my legs trembling from anger as the carriage took the annoying little prick farther and farther away from me.

Everybody started slowing getting back to what they were doing before the whole mess happened, acting like it never did happen.

Triston looked at me seriously. "We need to have a talk." Eleanora tapped his shoulder and said "No, WE need to have a talk Triston." They started walking back to their house and I was left alone with Leo.

I felt awkward next to him. He just stood there happy and smiling. "So, Leo... I can't st-" I cut myself off. I always seem to get cut off. "I can't stand this awkwardness." I said instead. I was going to tell him I can't stay.

But I just couldn't... He seemed too kind and precious to leave.

"Would you like to stay at my house for dinner?" He asked, his face a bit flustered. I understand, I mean we just met today.

I had to reject his request since I wanted to explore the kingdom more. "Sorry... I really want to go, but I also want to see more of the kingdom." I couldn't look at him right now, considering he'll look disappointed and I'll feel enormously guilty.

I started walking away without even daring to look back. "Sorry..." I silently whispered.

I've felt more pain than what I just felt there. I tried shrugging it off as I went into the outskirts of the kingdom. Farther and farther away from Triston and Leo.

It seemed unusually cloudy even though it was bright golden sunshine this morning. A harsh wind started blowing, throwing the leaves and other light, loose objects around.

I continued walking farther, into the outskirts, which was just a large forest.

The wind kept blowing, cutting through my thin jacket like it wasn't even there. I ran faster trying to warm up myself, but the wind continued on. I stopped and sat behind a tree trying to hide from the moving air.

The wind started dying down, letting me move out of my position. I climbed up a tree to see how far I was. The castle didn't seem as big as earlier, but it didn't seem that small either. That means I wasn't too far from the kingdom.

I figured nobody was listening so I decided to sing. It was the only thing that kept me company on my journey. The songs I wrote and the voice I was gifted with.

My heart won't beat again

if I can't feel him in my veins

No need to question

I already know

I was going to sing another verse until I heard horses' hooves clicking, coming from the road I saw from the tree. It was a beautiful carriage, even more beautiful than Princess Snobby-Drama-Queen's carriage.

The butler stopped the carriage and opened the door for whoever was incased in the white and gold ride.

A boy standing about Leo's height, but a bit shorter and also looked about Leo's age came out of the carriage. His golden locks on his quiff seemed to fade into a beautiful deep rich brown on his roots. His crown glistened even though there was no sun. His clean white, gold, and light blue suit fitted him at the right spots and framed his body perfectly. His smile was unique and genuine, outshining even the brightest sun. But his eyes were beautifully hypnotic. It was a sky blue fading into a green inwards.

The butler was asking something, but all I heard was "...sure Sir Owen?" So this gorgeous creature's name was Owen.

"Yes I'm sure." He said while nodding. "Alright my prince, I'll be waiting here." the butler said taking a seat back on the carriage. Prince Owen. That sounds nice. I wonder who is his lucky princess. He started walking in the direction of my tree.