Chapter 4

Tobias POV

          When the scene switches I notice we are in my room, is Tris afraid of me? You can hear the water running in my bathroom, someone must be taking a shower. I stumble upon my words but finally decide to ask "what fear is this" I don't know if it was the right thing to ask, but tris starts to respond.

          "It's the fear of" she is cut off by the sound of the bathroom door opening, i must not have heard the shower go off. The man who walks out of the shower is me undoubtedly. We have the same body shape, he has all the same tattoos i have. At the moment he is only wearing a towel, maybe he wasn't expecting guests, but what if he was. The only thing different about him compared to me was his eyes, they are cold are dark like the ones marcas has in my fear landscape.

          "The fear of intimacy" Tris seems to choke on the words as they come out. This isn't about being afraid of me. This is about being afraid of what i can do to her. As soon as I think of this, the other tobias starts talking.

           "Oh tris you look so thin, do you need me to bulk you up a little" tobias says is a deep almost sickening voice. At the sound of this tris's eyes get large and watery. As the other tobias starts to move closer to tris. She is steadily backing up, but the further they both go the less space she has to walk backwards. Tobias must have known this because when her back hits the wall in the corner of the room, he keeps walking and saying dirty things like "your so stiff with all those clothes on, let me help make you a real dauntless" the other me sound so crule.

          At this point I am frozen with shock, anger, and sadness. How could tris every think something like this of me.

          My thoughts are interrupted by a scream and i see that tobias has grabbed her by the waist and thrown her on the bed. He is kissing her all over and touching her in places I have even yet to look at. I look away I can't bear to watch her get hurt, especially coming from.. me.

          "Come on tris don't you want me to stay with you, cause i'll leave you if you don't do what i  want!" as the words leave his mouth all the hurt feelings inside me disappear and im only left with rage. I slam my body into his knocking him off the bed, then i kick him in the ribs to make sure he stays down on the ground long enough for me to talk to tris and calm her down.

           "Tris are you ok" i try to say lovingly, but i can still hear some of the anger lingering in my voice. Tris must have heard it too cause she flinches. "Tris let me help you, i'm not going to hurt you. Its me the real tobias"

          "Get away from me!" she shouts while bursting into a sob. I know i wont be able to touch her to calm her down,this might be harder than i thought. "Tris look at me." I wait until her beautiful eyes meet mine before i continue, at the moment they are glossed over gray. I hate seeing her like this.

           "Tris i can't stand to see you hurt, I know how strong you are. You have proven to me that you can handle anything." I pause when I notice her eyes getting a little less foggy. "Tris from day one when you fell into that net i knew you belonged here and i have never once doubted that, i know you belong with me because you are what makes me strong enough to do the things I do. So please understand I would never want to intentionally hurt you." I pause unsure of how to word what i want to say. "Uh, Like that."

           The next thing I know is that we are back inside the landscape room. As soon as tris sees me, she starts to cry. I come over to her and lightly rub her back, a way of showing her i care. She finally seems to calm down enough to speak.

          "Can we go somewhere else tobias" i nod, knowing exactly where to take her. We walk down the empty halls hand in hand. I am slowly rubbing small circles into her hand, we are both deep in thought and don't talk much. I just keep thinking over what I just saw, i hope she knows i would never make her do something she doesn't want to do.

            When we get to the chasm i take her down to the spot where we first kissed. We both dangle our feet over the ledge, water misting our ankles.

            "I'm sorry you had to see that tobias" i hear tris say.

           "Nonsense im so very thankful that i could be there tris, i love you okay?" saying those words make my heart flip. Our old faction would never approve but we are dauntless now, and I don't care what abnegation has to say about us. Tris doesn't respond she rests her head on my shoulder and we snuggle close, this is better than words. We stay like this for about an hour, sleepilly enjoying eachothers company.