chapter 6

Tris POV

          Me and tobias are silently walking in the hallways, my face is still hot from our conversation in the cafeteria. Will and Christina were always so sure where they belonged, and i never really knew. To be honest I still don't know where I belong. Tobias knew that i was self conscious about belonging, especially with my divergence. As i think that word i get a shiver down my spine, am i allowed to think that word.

           "Im sorry tris, for what i said in the cafeteria. I didnt even think about how it would make you feel." tobias says in a loving voice. I don't answer him though, i am stubborn i will not take this apology. "Tris," he says again "don't be this way" he sid rolling his eyes. At this point I am just teasing him and i can tell he knows i'm just teasing him though so i continue, i still don't say anything.

            "Your going to regret this tris" he says, and in one sudden motion i am pushed onto the wall forcefully and tobias is hovering over me. His face is so close that I can feel his hot breath on my face. "I regret nothing," I say with a wicked smile planted on my face. Tobias smirks and puts his hands on my waist pulling us closer together, then he pulls his face close to mine until our lips find each other. We are kissing with passion, its not a hungry kiss but a loving and forgiveful kiss, it sends a wave of warmth through my body. When he pulls away we both laugh.

              "Oh tobias i love you," I say, a laugh hiding under my breath. I stop all at once a deep heat forming onto my face, I hadn't said that yet and i didnt mean to do it like that. Tobias looks at my face in such a loving way that i forget what i had just said. We walk back to our room in such a different silence, a calming one not an awkward one.

Tris POV

               When we get back to tobias's apartment I carefully take off my shoes and leap into the bed we share. I close my eyes and I am reminded of my dream last night, i should tell tobias especially if i am going to check in with my parents later today. Although this could be very dangerous information, and since im still unsure of what my dream mean, is it really the best idea to involve tobias. I decided not to tell him why i am going to see my parents, its only to visit them, I imagine myself telling tobias.

              "Hey tobias i'm actually going to visit my parents later today, I uh want to ask them how they have been." im trying to be discreet when i say this, i'm nervous that he will ask questions. He nods and release the breath I hadn't realized I was holding. "When do you think you'll leave?" tobias asks. "Probably in thirty minutes," I respond. He nods again, and i go to get ready. I managed to lie to him, and i'm not sure how I feel about that.

--Page break--

                On the train I go over what i'm going to ask my parents, i want to ask about who the "she" was that they were talking about, I also wanted to ask about what the erudite were making. I realize that my stop was coming up. I stand up and lean out the opening of the train. The breeze is blowing my long blond hair around, it makes me feel free and strong, makes me feel dauntless. I see my stop and i push my weight forward off the train, landing into a run as a way to stabilize myself.

                I start heading to my parents' house. I pass marcus's house and I shudder, all of the things that happened to tobias in that house, I can't help but think of tobias's fear landscape and the way that the belt got unlooped from marcus's waist. I finally arrive and my old home, and I notice that not much has changed. The house is still gray and small ish but the grass looks like its been tended to recently which is odd considering my parents never used to care about the look of our house, it was self indulgent. I walk up the stoop and know on the dark wooden door.

                "Hello," my mom says opening the door, her head is hung slightly low and she is unable to see me. She looks up slightly and it takes a second for her to recognize me, but as soon as she does her face changes to surprize. "B-Beatrice, what are you doing here?" she stutters. "Its Tris," I say correcting her and I look around before I push myself past her and sit down at the kitchen table, she follows. "I need to talk to you and dad." I say, i'm using my dauntless voice because i need to keep faction before blood in mind, i can't be their sweet beatrice any more.

                   "Your father is in his room I will go get him, this seems-" she pauses, "serious." her tone of voice changes and she sounds like me, dauntless, for a split second.

                 A few minutes later my mom comes down the stairs, my dad following. "Be-uh Tris, you wanted to talk to us?"