Chapter 5

Tobias POV

          I can feel the sun beaming onto my face and I wake up, turning my head to look at tris right away. She looks like she had an uncomfortable sleep. Her head is shoved between her hands and rested under the pillow, her limbs are a tangled mess the sheets wrapping around them, but the thing that worried me was the look on her face. She looks as though she was thinking about something that could change the world but her lips twinged downward as if she was sad.

          "tris, tirs you need to wake up," i say softly into her ear while slightly shaking her shoulders. ¨You have to choose your job today, aren't you excited!¨ i say this slightly louder but the only response I get is a flutter of the eye. I know i wont be able to wake her up this way, so i put my face closer to hers and whisper "tris" as I plant a soft kiss to her lips. I pull away quick in hopes for her to come up and get another. She does. Right before she is able to reach my mouth I pull away and get out of bed, forcing her to follow me for another kiss.

          "Ugh, Tobias your such a tease" she says with an adorable wine.

          "If you would get up maybe, just maybe, I could let you have another one" i say this will the intent of kissing her so much when she gets up, if she gets up. "Come on Tris today if your big day, have any idea for what job you want" as i was saying this tris starts to sit up in bed.

          "Yeah but i think we should talk about it with the gang at breakfast" Tris is getting up, finally, and grabbing one of my big sweatshirts and some tight black jeans. She goes to changes and I am patiently waiting for her. When she walks out i can feel my cheeks flush, dang she is so cute in my oversized sweater. I go up to her and grab her hips, pulling her closer to me. She wraps her arms around my neck and we both put our foreheads together, her eyes today are a wonderful grey. Not a dull gray, but a beautiful sky gray right after a storm. "You know, you look really cute in my sweatshirts, maybe you should wear them more often" i say quiet enough for only her to hear, even though no one else is in the room. "Maybe I'll just keep this one then" she responds equally as quiet. I pull her in closer and my lips found hers, we embrace in a close kiss. This kiss inst hungry, or just a peck. It is passionate and soft, loving. She pulls away when my stomach growls "looks like we better get you some food tobias." when she says this we both laugh and start to head down towards the cafeteria.

          Tris and i sit down at our usually table with christina and will. "Where are the others?" I ask looking for zeke.

          "They all got hungover from celebrating last night" will responds, he sounds tired. He probably had a fun night with christina.

          "Did any of you think about the jobs you want?" I asked i decided changing the subject seemed fitting, I really didn't want any details about will and christina's night. "Yeah actually, i'm thinking i wanna work in the control room with you and zeke." Cristina says, she seems excited. "Cool what about you will." I ask, I already know what he wants to do I heard him mention it before. "I was thinking of guarding the gates, maybe I could get a glimpse into the otherside world." Will says while laughing. We all know he is joking, if anyone was to go out they might as well get killed, he could never risk that.

          Throughout this conversation I can tell that tris has been overly quiet. I know tris has been thinking about it, but we haven't really talked about it. "Hey tris do you have any idea" as i say this i can see a bit of pink rise to her cheeks, maybe this wasn't the best idea to ask, especially in front of will and christina's. "Uh kinda i guess, i mean i know i want to be an initiate trainer but that's not year round. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do for my mai job, i've never been one for choosing i guess." tris sounds a little nervous when she says this, she gets first pick since she was top in her class, but knowing tris she won't be deciding on a job till she actually goes up. Tris still is a little pink in the face, and will looks slightly shocked.

          "Ok well, me and tris are going to get ready for the day, we will see you all in the job  choosing ceremony." I say and me and tris stand up to leave, I wanted to change the subject and i knew i did the right thing well tris let out a sigh of relief. As me and tris walk off she takes my hand and whispered a small "thank you" and I plant an equally small kiss on her forehead.