Meanwhile

Meanwhile... his mother was a tyrant. She hated her children. Especially the younger one. That diseased child. When she saw the broken vase, she knew who had done it.
"Scott. Where is she. I know she did it." She said.
"No Mom. I swear it was me."
"Dont lie to me!" She spat.
"Mom." Began Scott. "I swear it was me."
At that moment there was shrill scream.
"What is that scum yelling about?" The edge in her voice was as sharp as a knief.
Scott was distracted by the scream. His mother took a quick glance at her son.
There were no injuries on him. Only smudges of red on his t-shirt. But no wounds.
She took her chance.
She pushed past her son in an instant and flew up the stairs.
"Mom no!" Yelled Scott as he ran up after her.
But he was only a minute late.
She had caught Holly crawling out of the closet.
Then Mindy Lanstor saw the wound. The large gnash with blood oozing out of it like a river. As Holly dragged herself from the closet, the blood was stained on the ground.
"You filthy pig!" Yelled Maria as she swiftly walked up to Holly. She grabbed the child by her blonde hair and pushed her against the wall.
She then slapped her.... so hard that the sound echoed through the house.
Holly then snapped out of her delusion. The pain grew in her cheek. Where was Scott?
He just stood there watching.
Maria didnt stop. She kept lashing out her hand causing the child to scream. "Scott! Help me!"

*****

He was there as she wept. Her face red. Her tender skin covered in blood. Her cheeks streaked with tears.
"Where were you?" She asked in a hoarse whisper. "Holly Im here now. I promise Im always gonna be there for you."
He held her close as she dampened his shirt with salty tears.
He promised he would be there for her....but would he?