Chapter 5 Rebirth 2 (FINAL REWRITE)

(Y/N pov)

When Rick gave me the Mask and left with Jenny, I started to examine it. It seems to be made out of bone, but it might just be a project that Rick has to do. "Just a project, I guess. Nothing special about it." I said out loud while setting down the Mask, but as I walk away I swear I heard someone speak. "Just a project?! I am more than that!" I stopped dead in my tracks "Who's there?" I try to say with no fear in my voice. "Riiight here~(Y/N)." I look to see the Mask "A-are you talking?" I asked myself and the Mask. "It's just me and you (Y/N) when you took me from Rick I opened a connection just for you." The Mask told me, I backed away in disbelief but not in fear. "I got this close to Rick but then we made a deal to save his girl, Jenifer. And I and Rick became unstoppable for a while but the deal was done." I stayed still while I listened to that Mask.

"He and she got reunited after a loong night at the West's mansion, but Rick took me with him and Jenifer. And now I get to meet you." I sat down on the chair next to the Mask on the table, "But here's the thing, Ricky boy is trying something he shouldn't be dabbling in, ya know? But hey what the fuck can happen right? So why not let it happen and then I'll be seeing you real soon (Y/N)." The Mask told me as he seems interested in it or is just being a completely sarcastic asshole. "You're either being a complete fuckin nutty fruitcake or you're just a complete dick." I tell the Mask as he laughs at me, "Well aren't you just a ball of sunshine." he says sarcastically, I sigh as I already know how the rest of the night is gonna be with this asshole motherfucker who's sarcastic as hell.

(Timeskip)

I fell asleep on the couch and the Mask on the coffee table after hearing the whole story of what happened to Rick and Jenny. And it's just heart-touching and so gory it's perfect, I guess in the end I fell asleep, I didn't know until Rick woke me up. "(Y/N)? (Y/N) wake up." Rick said as he was lightly shaking me to wake up, I slowly start to open up my eyes to find Rick waking me up and him holding the Mask in my direction as if it was looking at me. "Huh, Rick? What time is it?" I asked Rick and Jenny but I heard the Mask speak, "Time to wake up (Y/N) I think Rick and Jenny want some alone time~." this made me get up quickly and quickly say goodbye to Rick and Jenny as I leave out his dorm and I go to mine.

And as I finally got back to my own dorm I lay on the bed just in time for my roommate to come back as well her name was Jammie, she was a nice girl and all and we get along pretty well. But as she came back she sees me somewhat banging my head with one of my many pillows (I like pillows if you don't that's ok you can change it in your mind) "Hey (Y/N)" as she closed the door "Are you ok? Did something happen or are you stressing out about a test?" Jammie asked me. I stop and look at her blue hair and green eyes, "Yea I'm ok Jammie just thinking about what happened at Rick's place." as the words left my mouth she looks at me with a worried look, "What happened (Y/N)?" I take a big breath and think for a moment. I mean I can't possibly tell her that I was Talking to some kind of Mask that talked back to me, she would think I'm crazy so I told her "Nothing bad Jammie" I paused for a moment. "I met this guy and he was, well interesting to say the least." Jammie squealed in excitement at me finally meeting a guy. I haven't really been looking for someone to date, I just want to focus on getting through college first. "Really (Y/N) that's great! What's his name?" Jammie asked all giddy, and now to think of it I really don't know its name. Does it even have a name? "I never got the chance to ask." At least I told her that honestly. We go back and forth about her and she says this before going to bed, "You should ask for his name and number if you see him again, I know you don't want to date but maybe you'll make a new friend." and with that, she goes to her room and gets ready for bed and I do the same thing with only one thought in my head 'What is the Mask really like or is he always that provocative and crud?'