The Start

Vote and comment please :)

I couldn’t believe it. Here I was, standing outside the Heathrow airport in London!! I looked over at my best friends Macy and Rosalie; they both had massive grins on their faces.

“I cannot believe we made it!!” Rosalie exclaimed jumping up and down. We all laughed and got into the cab waiting for us.

The short drive from the airport to our new home was filled with silence as we all took in our surroundings.

Finally we pulled up to a building. Climbing out I examined the outside of the building. The building stretched up five flours, each with an apartment for itself. It was covered in red bricks with a red roof to match. The double doors were glass with the name “Waldorf” printed on both.

We all grabbed our bags (All twenty of them, yes we are girls with a lot of clothes).

The lobby of the building was small with a small desk lit u by a lamp. Behind the desk was a middle-aged man with a uniform on that also said “Waldorf”. We smiled at the man and introduced ourselves.

“Hi, my name is Macy and this is Rosalie and Samantha,” both of us shook the mans hand.

‘Hello ladies and welcome to the Waldorf building.” He smiled radiating warmth.

“ We are the new tenants moving into the fifth floor loft” Rosalie replied and asked for the keys.

We all had to sign a few documents before we could head off to our apartment.

Finally when we made it into the elevator we couldn’t help but scream all the way up to our new home.

The doors opened up to a long hallway, at the end there was a red door with a gold ‘5’ on it. Our new home!! We walked forward and I unlocked the door.

When it opened up the sight of all our furniture greeted us and boxes stacked everywhere.  I look past all the clutter at the large window that spans the entire length of the wall. I walk over to it and stare out at the entire city that surrounds us. Macy and Rosalie soon join me and we form a tight group hugging each other.

“I still cannot believe all this is real” Macy finally releases and walks over to the kitchen.

“Nobody pinch me!” I exclaim.

We all laugh and soon we are all standing in the hallway staring at the six doors on each side. We look at each other and start racing to the doors opening them to see who will be getting what bedroom.

Macy took the first bedroom, it was blue (she loves blue) it was quite large but not too big. The rug was white and fluffy. The window was massive, taking up more than half of the wall. Her closet door rolled to the side, revealing a big space with a small desk like place to use as a dressing table.

We left Macy behind to unpack and soon found ourselves at the second room. This time it was a big bathroom with a toilet, shower and a big cabinet with a sink, big enough to store all our stuff. 

We moved onto the next door. This time when the door opened I could see from the look on Rosalie’s face that she wanted it so I let her have it. This room was just as big as Macy’s but this one was painted a light silver with red imbedded in it. The carpet was also white and fluffy. She had two windows that covered two walls.

I started walking to the other side of the hall and faced three similar looking doors. The first one opened up to a bedroom as big as the others, it had pink walls white fluffy carpets like the other rooms. I didn’t like pink so I quickly stepped out and moved to the last door. The middle one was also a bathroom.

I opened the bedroom and stood in front of a couple of stairs. I walked up and my jaw instantly dropped. The room was massive!!! Like bigger than the others, the walls were a soft purple and the floor was wood. The window stretched the entire length of the wall, just like the one in the living room. The view was amazing! The city stretched out before me and it was gorgeous. I walked over to the closet. I rolled the door over and stood staring at the closet. On either side of the closet were cubbyholes to put clothes, shoes and accessories. In the middle was a long pole to hang clothes. I walked back into my room and sat in the middle of it with my legs crossed staring out the window.

I sat with a massive grin on my face as I soaked in everything around me. I was here! I was in London!! I have been waiting for this moment for two and a half years.

Rosalie and me started the idea in year 10 that we want to move to London for however long. The idea soon evolved and we worked our asses off to get here. I asked Macy if she wanted to come as well, she agreed. With some help from our parents and other family members we made it and couldn’t be happier.

I got up and walked to the front to get my stuff and start unpacking.