Bittersweet moment

When we get inside the first thing I see is Rosalie on a bed. Her brown long hair spread out across the pillow like a fan. Her usually olive skin, now white. I look past her and see Nathan next to her sitting on a chair clutching her hand. He was fast asleep and the only noise that came out of him was his snores.

I walk over to him and gently shake him awake.

When he wakes up and sees me his face became even paler.

“Sam, oh my gosh I’m so sorry. This is entirely my fault. I take it if you want to kill me but I’m so sorry. Please just do it quickly.” He rambles and I step forward.

He flinches as I wrap him in my arms and hold him as he cries. His big arms soon come around my waist.

“Nath its all right. This isn’t your fault. I’m just glad you’re both okay and not dead.” He sighs of relief and pulls away.

“Jay?” He questions as he sees his best friend in the room.

“He buddy,” they both step forward and share a quick hug.

“What are you doing here??”

“Sam told me what happened and we have been looking for you guys everywhere. You could have called us to let us know.” Jay says firmly and I step up to stop anything from happening.

“I couldn’t. Both our phones were lost and I woke up for the first time about five minutes ago.”

While they talk I step away and walk to Rosalie’s side and sit down in the chair.

I open my eyes and look around groggily taking in my surroundings. Nathan is spread out on the couch snoring softly. Rosalie started moving around, probably what woke me up. But where is Jay?

I started panicking. I forced ideas out of my head as I looked at Rosalie smiling.

“Sam what happened?? Where am I?”

“Shh, its alright. You are in the hospital. Do you remember anything from last night?” I ask and she shakes her head.

“No, I only remember walking down the street with Nathan. Then it went blank and I only remember waking up just now.” I sigh as Nathan comes up behind me.

He must have been woken up by the commotion.

“I’m going to get the nurse, I’ll be right back.”

When the nurse returned me and Nathan had to wait outside as they did tests and stuff.

I sat in a chair not really staring at anything.

Where did Jay go? I mean it wasn’t like we were a couple or best mates. But he could have stayed with me. Get it together Sam he probably went to his girlfriend or something. I didn’t know if he had one but someone like Jay McGuiness was bound to have one. But he made me feel special. Like I was the only one in the world that matters. He said we went on a date for crying out loud!! He played me. It was all just a trick. He never liked me. He only acted like that because I was a fan and didn’t want to disappoint me.

“Sam are you all right?? What’s wrong??” Nathan asks and that’s when I realise that tears are falling down my cheeks in masses. I quickly wipe them away and put on my best smile.

“Nothing must be all the stress from the day, that’s all.” He looks at me as if he doesn’t believe me but doesn’t say anything.