Kristine

Lying in Jay’s bed I couldn’t get to sleep. I was wide-awake. I got up to grab a glass of water, making sure not to make too much noise.

As I gulped down the remainder of the water I heard a loud banging noise. I turned around and came face to face with the woman that caused all my pain.

“What do you want??” I stutter out and she smiles wickedly.

“Oh I think you know exactly what I want.” She moves towards me and I can see that she has a knife in her hands.

I move back but stop when I hit the counter.

“I told you not to mess with Jay. He’s mine and only mine. We are meant to get married and live happily ever after.” I snort but stop when the knife’s point is at my throat.

“Do you think he loves you at all??” I manage to say.

“I know he does. He told me so the night he came to my house. You remember that night don’t you??” She questions knowing fully that I do.

I don’t show any emotions as she continues to taunt me with the fact that Jay cheated on me.

“He was drugged by you. You, I don’t even know your name.” I spit at her.

“My name is Kristine. I thought you knew about me. I guess Jay has more secrets than you knew.”

I don’t let her words get to me because I know better.

“Actually he did tell me about you. He told me that he never loved you and that he only dated you because management asked him to. You were a horrible girlfriend to him. You never comforted him when he had those bad dreams. Instead you made him sleep on the couch.” I was getting angry and she could see it.

“I need my sleep. I can’t get any with him shouting in his sleep. What do you think I am?? Some shrink?? He was pathetic and stupid.” I gasp when she said that and moved forward not caring about the knife anymore.

“He is not pathetic and stupid!!! He is the most amazing man I have ever met in my life. And so what that you have to sacrifice some hours of sleep. Coming from me that is saying a lot because I love to sleep. But he deserves the support and love of a woman. He has been through more than you will ever know in your life. I would sacrifice anything for him to be happy, anything. So, so what if he has nightmares every once in a while.”

By now I’m inches away from her. The knife at her side. I grab it in one quick motion by the blade. I don’t care about the pain but now I have it in my hand.

“I think it would be best if you left Kristine.” We both jump when we hear Jay talking, coming around the corner.

All I could do is smile at him while she moves towards the door. She turns around once more and gives me a look. I understand and nod before she turns back around and leaves.

“Are you alright?” Jay rushes over and takes the knife from my hand and puts a cloth in it to stop the bleeding.

“Great, absolutely amazing.” I smile and lean up to kiss him. We both smile into the kiss.

When he pulls away I can’t help but moan in protest.

“Did you really mean what you said to Kristine??” He asks while running his hands through my hair.

“Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to eavesdrop on other people conversations McGuiness?” We both laugh at this.

“And yes I did mean every word I said. I would do anything to protect you. I love you with all my heart and soul and body. When you’re not next to me I feel as though I can’t breathe. You’re the love of my life and I never ever want to lose you.”

Jay takes my head in his hands and brings our lips to meet. He didn’t have to use words because the kiss said it all. He felt the same way about me!

“But what about people like Kristine??” He asks in the kiss.

“She won’t be bothering us anymore. And other people can go and stick it.” I laugh as he picks me up and carries me back to his room.

Back in his room I look at the mess on the floor for the first time.

“You should really clean your room sometime James.” I state using his full name. I only ever used it when he was in trouble or needed to be told something to do.

“But I know where everything is!!!” He protests and I laugh.

“Okay, I’ll make you a deal. Move in with me and I promise to clean my room like a good boy.” He smiles his good boy smile at me.

I gasp when he asks me to move in. I jump into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist before nodding and bringing his lips back to mine.

“Deal.”

“Deal.”