Of Love And Loss

Hey guys!!! My friend asks me to post this amazing fanfic for her and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!!!!! Awesome fanfic Satans_Bookworm !!! Can't wait to read your next one!!!

The Ever After School
Chaurora Fanfic
@Satans_Bookworm
Of Sorcery and Snow
Chase's POV

HE couldn't take his eyes off her. But he would have to. Because the girl that he couldn't take his eyes off was about to enter this creepy looking house, to retrieve a comb. Yeah it sounded stupid but they really needed this comb. As Rory chatted to Lena and Arica, he couldn't help but notice that half of Arica's teeth were metal. That was incredibly creepy. He really didn't want her to go. But she did, and soon the door closed, blocking Chase's line of sight.

Chase fidgeted with his sword until he whipped it out and started drawing in the snow. His dragon scale was still working, thank goodness. His mind drifted to Rory. Was her dragon scale still working? Would she freeze in that house? He shook his head, clearing away those thoughts.

This was going on too long. Rory should have come out by now. Chase couldn't take it anymore. He jumped up, dusting off the snow on his butt. Lena made to move too but she was stopped by Chase's sword. She backed away and he opened the door. "Hello? Rory?!"

The door began to swing shut as he entered but with some quick thinking, he shoved a book between the door and the threshold. Now he could get Rory and go without having to deal with the door. His eyes considerably widened as he took in the high ceilings and the disgusting overall appeal of the room. He vaguely hear a scuffle down the hall. 
"Where are you? The others are coming in after us if we don't leave in ten minutes." He called out.

"In here!" Rory. Oh thank god. His panic subsided as he clipped his sword back to his belt. He walked in feeling relieved. She smiled brightly at him. He'd never known Rory to show that much teeth, but maybe she was just happy to see him. After all, he was here to 'rescue' her.

"Hey. Where's the sorceress?" Chase ket his eyes locked onto hers. So green, so full of energy. He loved those eyes.

"Getting the comb. she'll be back in a minute," said Rory. "Then we can get out of here." He nodded and glanced around the room. There was an ungodly amount of colourful birds everywhere. All of which were throwing themselves against their cages. "Yeah. Can't say much for her decorator."

"I think they're pretty. But thanks for the rescue." Ok, Rory never really thanked him for saving her. Which was countless times by the way. But then something wonderful happened. Her softly calloused hand slipped into his. He drifted his eyes to hers. They glimmered-even in the pitiful light. He looked down to their joined hands. This had to be the first time she was grabbing his hand outside of battles. His chest swelled with emotion.

"We could be there by tonight."

"Yeah." He said quietly. Chase couldn't believe that he was holding Rory's hand. He couldn't believe that he hadn't let go. Yet, he felt cold. This wasn't Rory. Every time she grabbed his hand or he grabbed hers, he always felt warm. He always felt tingles whenever she brushed up against him. There was no such tingle right now. It wasn't her.

He swung his sword up, stopping mere millimetres from her throat. This sorceress was crafty. He couldn't believe he'd been duped. The sorceress looked surprised at the sword at her throat.

"What are you doing?" Arica-Rory pouted. Now she just reminded him of Adelaide. Oh yeah, this was definitely not Rory.

"Where is she?" He hissed. Chase couldn't believe that she had the audacity to keep pretending ,so now, he was angry. And slightly worried of Rory's whereabouts.