The Future

After a long summer, we returned to school to take on another year. Over the summer, I went to a few birthday parties with the rest of the US members. One of which was at Tyler's house where I hung out with Tyler's cousin, Hunter. Despite having injured a few members of our gang in the past, Hunter was a very cool dude. He even taught me how to shoplift! I also met this dude named Lenny, who seemed to know everyone in the area. I wondered if I would ever cross paths with him again later down the road.
My only interaction with Hunter prior to this, was when I once stole a book that belonged to him. I did it to get back at him for winning a fight that Ian started. Ian was my leader, but something about it still didn't feel right, and I made it a point to someday tell Hunter the real reason his book disappeared.
I was starting to realize that it was not time to dwell on the past. It was time to progress and think about the future. Wolfie left this year, after having no friends and being sick of the outcasts.
No one knew what possibilities this year could bring. The future held mysterious things. It held things that you could never even imagine. I never thought that I would leave the LG. I never thought that the US would take me in. I never knew that one of my friends would commit suicide.
Both the good and the bad; for the problems and trials of the future were inevitable.
Our classroom was newer. It had teal, blue taking the wall from a bland wooden look to something more modern. The carpet was fresh and untouched like it had been refurbished recently. The whiteboard looked so white that it almost blinded me. The place looked so well kept, unlike any classroom I had seen before. My new teacher was cool, although not quite as cool as my sister was. However, she related to the US on a personal level that made us feel like we could be ourselves. She understood how the group and classroom dynamics worked and how to fit what we needed. She always somehow found a way to teach us even when we were the most frustrating kids.
For homework, if we made it known that we understood what was being taught, we would only get a spelling book to work in. And by the end of the week, a few pages would be due.
I decided to go really far ahead in this book so I would have no homework.
This gave me so much time to just hang out and play Fortnite with Ian, Colt, Alex, and Tyler, after school. This year started out easy.