Eight

Sleep is meant to be time of rest

Sleep is meant to be time of rest. You are meant to have a peaceful night to recover from your bustling day.

For me, sleep is anything but that.

He appears in my dreams. Every nightmare is different but it still leaves me with the same effect.

Trigon is coming.

''Raven...'' he whispers in my ear every night before I enter the realm of nightmares.

''Raven... It's time.''

I cannot make a sound in my nightmare. All I can do is listen.

''I've been waiting for a long time.''

And I hope it stays that way.

''It's time for you to join me in your fate.''

Fate cannot be changed. But you can delay it.

''This is what you are destined to achieve.''

Azarath is projected into my nightmare. The screams and cries of the people ring in my ear. The huge fires engulf the Temple, and the smoke plagues the sky.

''This is what you are made for.''

No.

''Death, destruction, dominance. That is your purpose.''

No.

''Meet me at the portal of Limbo. That is my only request from you.''

I wake up screaming, the fabric of my pyjamas clinging to my back like a second skin. It takes me a moment to compose myself, but I still can't stop the tears from coming out.

''Meet me at the portal of Limbo. That is my only request from you.''

His voice repeats in my ears over and over. There is only one thing I can do.

I'm going to have to meet my father.

Now that's a cliff hanger! Check me for any typos

Now that's a cliff hanger! Check me for any typos. Thoughts so far? Comment down below.