Thirty-four

The next morning, I wake up to the familiar beeping of my alarm, signalling that it is 6:30 am

The next morning, I wake up to the familiar beeping of my alarm, signalling that it is 6:30 am. I rouse from the heavy slumber, rubbing my eyes as my sight slowly adjusts to the outlines of objects in my room.

I grab my phone from my bedside table, pressing the small button on the side. Immediately my phone lights up with a few social media notifications and a message. I tap on the box reading 'One new message from Noah', and I read his response sent at 11 pm last night. 

Hi Abbie, it's okay, I was meaning to tell you the same. I won't be able to make tonight either. Maybe next weekend?

I text back. 

Yeah, Saturday next weekend will be fine. Around 11 pm?

I put my phone on charge as I go over to the bathroom. I undress and step into the shower, flinching as my feet make contact with the cold ceramic tiles. Using my magic, I turn the metal dial, allowing the tears of water to darken my hair, and flow down my back. I relax as the sensation of steam envelops my body, calming my mind from the constant thoughts of what is to come today. 

Grabbing the lavender-scented bottle, I wash my hair and lavish my light grey skin in foamy bubbles. After the products are washed off, I summon a towel and wrap it around my figure, walking towards the dressing table and wardrobe. 

Once I am dry, I pick out my uniform: consisting of my navy blue leotard and cloak. The fabric almost seems alien to my skin, due to the fact I haven't worn it for at least two weeks now. I brush out my hair, blow dry it, and then add mascara, a dash of blush, and some lip gloss. 

I glance back at my alarm clock reading 6:57 am. Guessing that no one is probably up and ready apart from Robin, I grab a book from a shelf and my phone and teleport to the kitchen. 

I warm a leftover pancake from yesterday in the microwave and brew a herbal tea along with it. Sitting down at the table, I tap my passcode into my phone, seeing a reply from Noah around 5 minutes ago. 

Sure. I'll be there at 10:30 pm next Saturday. 

After I have finished my pancake and tea, I teleport back into the safety of my room, beginning to read the novel, quickly becoming absorbed in the book. I sit there reading for around half an hour before someone knocks on the door. 

''Rae?'' 

''Coming.'' 

I press a single button and the door slides open to reveal Beastboy in his black and purple uniform, looking slightly tired from the lack of sleep. 

''Are you ready?'' he asks, his voice sounding slightly unsure as to if he doesn't know if he should even bring up the letter. 

''Yeah.'' I murmur, summoning the item sent from my mother into my hand. 

He places a reassuring hand on my shoulder. ''Don't worry, Rae. I'll be there with you the whole time.''

And I'll be here with you the whole time

And I'll be here with you the whole time. If you ever need anyone to talk to, about absolutely anything, send a message to me.