Four

The baby of Arella was named Raven Roth

The baby of Arella was named Raven Roth. Raven was a typical Azarathian name, but Arella felt it was perfect because this baby had all the features of the bird. Purple hair, amethyst eyes, grey skin.

As the small child grew into a toddler, the Azarathian monks in the palace started to teach the toddler.

At first it was quite a daunting task, because she was a very hysterical and active child. The Azarathian monks had to start teaching her as soon as possible, because they never knew when her powers would develop, or, worse, when Trigon would come to take her.

Azar had cast a mystical seal around the city, but even she, the ruler of Azarath, didn't know how long it would protect Raven for.

Raven was still small at this time, possibly three years old when the monks first started to teach her.

They didn't teach for long, only for one hour a day, mostly about Azarath's rules, such as pacifism. Pacifism, as Raven discovered it, was the belief that fighting is wrong, and kind measures should be taken.

Raven nodded her head to everything the monks taught, and did not question it.

After her daily lesson with the monks, she went to explore the Azar's palace and find the other children who she liked to play with.

The children were the sons and daughters of the Azar's closest friends who lived in the palace. She grew very close to them, and they would spend hours of playing tag, hide and seek, and any other game that the children suggested.

Eventually, her mother would call her to dinner but on this particular day, her mother did not call for her.

Whilst Raven was hiding from the other children behind a vase whilst playing a game, a tall man tapped her on the shoulder.

Raven stared up at the man, who had short and wispy brown hair, and brown eyes.

She had seen this man before with Azar, and said hello to the man, as she was taught to be kind to anyone she met.

The man replied, ''Hello Raven. Azar and your mother have sent me to come and get you to dinner. They couldn't find you.''

This gullible Raven had not encountered any danger in her life and was unaware of the evil that could lurk in the hearts of seemingly kind people, and the evil that was concealed by the shadows.

''Okay,'' she replied, just as one of her friends named Ariel jumped out, her long blonde hair flying out behind her.

''Found you!'' she shouted, but then she acknowledged the man behind Raven. ''Does Raven need to go now?''

The man straightened up and smiled at the girl. ''Yes, I'm afraid.''

Just then a distant shout came from up the staircase. ''Ariel! Time for dinner!''