Twenty-five

Raven's heels click and clack as she walks down the concrete paths towards the bar

The bar is hidden in the heart of the city and opens after 9 in the evenings. Raven likes this particular bar because of the intriguing atmosphere it possesses. She loves the piano and jazz music, as well as the people that visit there. The people are so diverse, so different, and Raven is fascinated by the ordinary people that go there and where they have come from. 

 As she walks deeper and deeper into Jump City, the crowds of people disperse until she is the only one in the street. 

She follows the dimly lit lights until Raven sees the dark red sign with a neon arrow attached to it, pointing to the left. Moonlit Skies: Cocktail Bar, it reads. 

Raven turns down a thin alleyway and spots the oak door on the left side of the building. Another sign hangs from the door, clarifying it is, indeed, the bar she has been looking for and has been in so many times before. 

She places her rosy pink hand on the door handle and opens the door. A blast of heat hits her in her face, chasing away the bitter cold. Raven steps into the bar, as a new piano piece begins to be played. 

The bar is quite crowded that night, around forty or so people are packed in the booths, on chairs, sitting at tables, or leaning against the actual bar itself. 

Raven walks up towards it, neatly placing her jacket beside her, along with her bag, and sits down on the stool. She fiddles with the ring on her finger whilst looking at the menu. 

''Are you ready to order?'' A young man in his mid-20s is polishing a glass whilst speaking to her. He has tanned skin, with hazel eyes, and places the glass back in a cupboard behind him. ''Would you like a food menu as well?''

Raven looks at the blond and briefly scans the chalkboard behind him for other drinks. ''I'll just have a martini please,'' she replies, concealing the pill in her hands. 

''Sure.'' The man turns away, creating the cocktail, adding dashes of different liquids, until it is finished. ''There you go.''

Raven forks over a note, along with a few coins. He walks off to the next customer. She takes a sip of the drink.

''That's a strong drink.'' A voice speaks from behind her. ''Best drinks you can get in the city.''

Raven turns around on the barstool to face the man behind her. He has brown eyes and a thick crop of blond hair, slightly messy. He wears a tight shirt, showcasing the outline of his muscles. 

''You new here?'' Raven asks, cocking her head to one side, as the man sits next to her. 

''I come here often. Nice place to be sometimes.'' 

''Yeah,'' she answers, sipping her martini again. 

''It's a good place to come and relax.'' He speaks calmly, taking a menu from his side, left by the last customer. The piano player from the far side of the bar finishes the song and goes behind the counter, presumably going home. A pop song starts to play from the speakers above.