00.6 Barnavelt's

Wednesday, September 25, 201920:15pm

20:15pm

If there's one thing you need to know about the Barnavelt household, it's that there's never peace and quiet. Especially during a meal.

No one quite knows how it starts, sometimes a demon makes a terrible joke that could only rival Jonathan's dad jokes. Other times it's a witch either aiding the problem, or trying to defuse it and ending up insulting someone.

Truly, no one knows how loud discussions start.

So, that's where the Hargreeves are. They're sitting around the large table with too many chairs watching and listening to Jonathan, Florence, Wren, and Juniper bicker about something involving a cake and the difference between baking soda and salt, and Rose, Lewis, Terra, and Elio yell about needless things that they couldn't understand.

Belle, Amber, and Fig were just looking on and making sure their guests were alright. To which, Allison could only reply with 'How does your dad and Juniper not know the difference between baking soda and salt?'

"Oh that one's easy. They're both white, baking sodas a bit grainy even, and they're both in the cupboard." Belle answered before popping a chip in her mouth.

"Uhm, alright. That's a little concerning, isn't it?" Vanya said slowly as they all watched as Florence finally lost it more, pointing to Jonathan's sandwich and screaming if he'd 'like baking soda on that'.

"Honestly, it's not the worst thing he's been confused or wrong about. There was one time where he was adamant that glitter was edible because he saw it on a cake in the bakery. He came back home and ate all of the glitter used for school projects in the house. We had to get his stomach pumped." Fig said drinking his whiskey. God knows he needed it.

"He had to get his stomach pumped because of some glitter? I had to get my stomach pumped because I ate five silica packets!" Klaus said, halfway off of their chair with their back leaning on the armrest.

"You ate silica packets as a kid?" Amber asked, finally putting her sandwich down and joining the conversation.

"No, this was a year ago. I ran out of drugs."

No one responded to that, the only reactions they got were Fig looking slightly concerned, Amber blankly staring before continuing to eat, and Belle nodding appreciatively.

"Don't worry, I'm a year sober! Yayyy!" Klaus waves their hand in a motion like they're ringing a bell.

At this, all three made sounds of congratulations and Fig and Belle clapped.