03. A Red Puffer Fish(Additional chapter)

My breath hitches and I land in a different place

My breath hitches and I land in a different place. A huge library. With only one book on all of the shelves, the words on it blurred. I remember seeing this book but I don't know where. As I try to reach it, my hand is electrocuted and pushed back as though there is an invisible barrier between myself and those books. I feel suffocated. I can't move and just as I feel like I am about to die, the room spins, and again I'm in the same place- a circular room, me in the middle and faces of people I don't know surrounding me. I turn around and all the people morph into something new and incomprehensible. 

There it  is, in between the people, the same book with the weird map. I try reaching for it, but as I move forward they too move forward. When I see where I am, I haven't even moved an inch. All the people around start laughing at my situation and I get humiliated more than I have ever felt. I feel defeated and that doesn't help me in this situation. Just as I feel tears forming in the rim of my eyes, I wake up. A drop of tear falls down my cheek. 

Don't cry. Don't be scared. I repeat to myself. I refuse to cry or be scared. I sit up and bury my face into my pillow. I stay like that for a while, trying to block all my thoughts. But... Heck! I had seen that book in my mom's study! How could I have not remembered! I run downstairs and tiptoe past my parent's room to the study. I search through the shelves for the book and am agitated when I don't find it. I search again, peacefully, and find it in there. I open it to see the exact same map from my dreams, folded and kept safely. I search the map for any known places and I find a spot which was about three hours away from my house. And I knew none of the rest.

I sneak out of my house to Daniel's which is just opposite to ours's and get in through their backdoor with my set of their keys. I run into Daniel's room and he is right there, sleeping like a dead log.

"Dan! Dan!" I shake him. "Daniel!" . He opens his eyes halfway but closes them back and slurs, "Geeeettttt loooooosssssstttt."

UGH!!! I snatch the pillow from under him and hit his head with it, lightly though. He got up violently throwing the pillow down.

"Was yor oblem?" He frowned. 

Idiot. "My problem is this," I say showing him the map.

"Tis? Tss betta no be 'oke."

"It's not a joke! Do I look like I'm joking? Huh?"

"Hmm.."

~~~~~

And when I finish explaining all the things, he looks like a red pufferfish, trying not to laugh, and when finally he could not hold it in, he made fun of me. I thought he, of all people, would believe me, but he too was making fun of me. When I felt so low and it hurt so much that I almost cried. Me, crying, made him believe and the next day we were out, after giving the dumbest of excuses to our parents and packing some essentials. It was almost evening when we left and by the time we reached the place the map showed, it was nighttime.

The manor was so huge and beautiful almost like Hogwarts. I could have stayed admiring it but my dreams were still running in my head and eating me up.

"Let's go in," I say and move forward. As soon as we enter, Dan points at something in the kitchen, and without thinking I agree with him. We go in there and Dan takes the initiative and again, I agree. I'm halfway through when I realize, Dan never notices anything. Not even if it is right in front of his eyes. And he never takes the lead. I don't understand how I even listened to him. Agitated with me, I roll my eyes and turn back to get to him. I don't see Daniel there. Only something like a... A layer of fog and within few seconds the fog is cleared and I see a man talking to Daniel. I frown first but knowing Dan, he would have gotten into some sort of trouble. I search for anything that might have to lead him into this case and it's no surprise he is standing in front of food. I reach them and ask the man, who probably is the owner of this place if we can stay there for a few and to my luck, he agrees.

Maybe staying here would help me find out something about my dreams.

------------

A/n :

The first part is what happened before they went to the forest.

Don't forget to comment and press that cute little star down below.

Thank you!A/n :

The first part is what happened before they went to the forest.

Don't forget to comment and press that cute little star down below.

Thank you!