Story 2- Scarecrow

A/N~~~~This short story was written by my friend, but he gave me permission to post it. So... ENJOY!~~~~~

          "They're out there," he told me. "Fields and fields of them. As far as the eye can see." 

          I wasn't sure what he was talking about. He pointed to the horizon, and I looked, but all I could see was the corn stalks in the distance. I laughed and said, 

          "It's just corn man, we're on a farm, that's to be expected." 

          But I could tell something was up. Ash never looked this jumpy, except for once when his creepy ex kept stalking him. I went to turn and head back to my families farm, where we had been staying for most of the summer. As I turned, Ash's sweaty palms grasped my wrist. 

          "Look! I swear I saw them, they're out there Ty! I think... I think they are coming this way."

          I looked at my friend sympathetically, and reassuringly took hold of his hand. The rustling of the corn stalks increased and finally caught my attention. I let go of Ash's hand and gave him a smile as I walked towards the corn field. 

          "See, there's nothing to be afraid of out here." As I spoke, several pairs of faces, covered with hay and masks appeared from the stalks.

          "It's just the family, we've decided to accept you as the newest member!" 

          I raised my arms and my fellow relatives all rose to their true height, towering over the stalks. Ash fell back in horror as a fields worth of scarecrows surrounded us. 

          I smiled, "Welcome to the family."