Story 3- Away

The yellow lines on the highway sped by in a blur, and we flew through the night, and we felt free. But we weren't and we knew it. We were running away from something, and running away was never the path to freedom. I thought about telling John to turn back. I thought about suggesting  we tell our parents. We knew when we did it, it could have consequences. But here we are, in his old pick-up truck. Driving away from everything we've ever known. 

          "John." I whispered, clutching my stomach. 

          He glances at me through the mirror, keeping his main focus on the road.

          "I... I don't think this was the right decision." 

          "Do you want to go back?" 

          I don't answer. He doesn't push. He pulls into an empty gas station as it nears midnight. We sit in silence. Finally, he sighs and turns towards me. He clasps my hands. I look into his eyes. He takes one of his hands and rest it against the back of my head, pulling me towards him to kiss my forehead. I close my eyes and lean into his touch. 

          "Do you want to go back?" He asks me again. 

          "I don't know." It's not like we don't have a destination. 

          He found an old cabin in the woods about 2 hours from his house. He usually goes there on weekends when he has time, just to be alone.

          "If we go home, my parents would probably kill you. Literally. You know how strict they are. I would never see the light of day again. Especially if we tell them why." Tears stream down my cheeks.

          He pulls me into his chest as I begin to sob.

          "It'll be ok. We'll get through this. You don't have to be afraid. I'll protect you."

A/N~~~ This is a rough draft, so it will be heavily edited later. I might add more to it, but I'm not sure yet. ~~~~~~~