Chapter 18: What goes bump in the night

As night begins to fall the soldiers who had surrounded the USS Dibits are tiring. One of the soldiers tells the commanders

"Sire, the sun has set which means nightfall is nigh which means the Trolls will be out and about." 

The commander hears this and gives it a quick thought. He then realizes that the soldier is correct and if it gets too dark the army could risk being ambushed by Trolls.

"Alright men, pack up thy equipment. We're going back to the city." The commander says

One of the other soldiers says

"But sire, Jordan will rain down his wrath upon us if we leave." 

"Jordan is a magistrate, and not in charge of us. Arthur is my boss and he didn't order this." The commander states.

The army begins to leave.

On the bridge of the Dibits, Beta is relieved to see them actually leaving.

"Oh thank, Merci." Beta says

"You did it, your first success as Captain, man!" Curipher says

"Oh yeah! Yellow can you please get us the alcohol." Beta says

"Aye Captain." Yellow says.

She then goes to get the alcohol.

Back to the army, they use their torches to light the dark path. It has become impossible to see anything as their walking through the dark forest.

On each side of the path is nothing but dense forest which is even darker.

And lurking in the forest are Trolls watching them. 

"It sure is dark out here." One of the soldiers exclaims

"I've never been out here when it was this dark." another one adds

"I don't even know if we're going the right direction." The first soldier then comments

"Don't worry the commander knows" the second one says

The trolls in the forest prepare to attack their prey. Some of them are in the trees and some on the ground.

"I get the feeling we're being watched" The commander says

"Fall back me-" the commander is then interrupted when one of the trolls jumps down from the tree sinking its claws into him.

The rest of the army sees this and readys their aim.

"Crossbows at the ready?" The lieutenant shouts before he is taken down by one of the Trolls.

The Elven soldiers fire their arrows and hit the two Trolls but more then come from the trees and starts to pick them off. Panic sets in as some are running around just trying to survive. One of the Soldiers swings his sword cutting down three Trolls before he himself is fallen. Some of them run into the forest to try and escape but are taken down. No one survives the attack.

The head Troll stands right on the path where the army has fallen and stamps out the last remaining torch.

"With The shade of darkness. We attack Wildowol." He growls

#

In Wildowol, Spendy takes Jeffer, Heidi, and Victoria to the Castle.

Victoria is impressed by the huge castle. She runs around ecstatic looking at things such as painting, and golden chandeliers.

"Oh my goodness it reminds me of Buckingham Palace would be." She said

While Victoria is just running around impressed by the golden encrusted items.