Chapter 1: The Creatures of Habit

We all have a purpose in life; and no I'm not saying I believe in fate, or all that 'everything happens for a reason' stuff. What I'm trying to say is that we all have our place here. What we do, where we do it, how we do it... But that all depends on how we choose to live.

My dad says human beings are naturally pedantic. We're creatures of habit. Never feeling comfortable with change unless it's something we feel deep down is right for ourselves.

But unless we get that 'gut feeling', we don't feel pressured to change.

So we basically have two choices in life:

We can live every day, every hour, every second of our lives, sitting in silence, passing people like a blur; Never changing for the fear of losing something we never really even had.

Or we can risk it all and find out what happens after that.

I feel like the second one means something for me.

But anyways, it reminds me of high school. Ever since elementary we have our cliques that we stick to. Some of us (like me) are 'drifters' who go back and fourth between groups.

But here's the thing: on the first day of school, one of the things you check to see... is if you have lunch with your friends.

If you do...great

If you don't... Well I'd suggest talking to a counselor asap.

So why is this so important you ask?

Well on the first day you designate a spot for you and your friends for the whole quarter. And according to 'everybody else' we have to sit in the same exact spot unless

a. someone is sick
b. Someone died
Or c. Someone got sick then died

So if you sit in someone else's spot without warning; lets just say the creatures of habit go a little...berserk, and that's not something you would want to happen.

At. All.