Chapter 2: Typical High School: A summary

You know something that really sucks?
(...Besides vacuums?)

High school.

 Even the name sounds stressful. It's not just the classes that make it hard, but the fact that there's a whole hierarchy based off of who can talk without stuttering, who dresses the best, or who can walk with complete confidence down the hallways.... makes it even worse.

You see, in these so called hierarchy's we are each separated into our own little groups based on our "class". I like to think of it as being like a totem pole or a food chain. But it's really more like a 'cast system' type thing.

There's people in the upper class, who are the so-called 'populars' (people who 'look nice')

There's the middle class, (the slightly cool and/or smart people)

There's the lower class, (the awkward geeks, videogame addicts, etc.)

And then... there's the untouchables.

The untouchables are the kids no one wants to be around. When seen coming, people run like it's the plague.

These are the people who go through the halls and seem to be unnoticed, but in reality... They're just being avoided by almost every kid, humanoid, and just about any living thing to walk the earth.

These are usually the kids with disabilities, or even just the kids who act a little 'differently' than what we're expected to be like.

I find this unbelievably depressing. First of all because I always try to put myself in their situation and imagine how I would feel. I mean... They're all human beings despite whatever faults they have.

That's another thing... 'faults'.

But you know what else sucks? Perfection.

I hate it. I very strongly dislike the word perfect. Such a word shouldn't even exist. Every time I imagine the word I think of airbrushed faces, fake eyelashes, and gaunt, bony bodies.

In my opinion, we need more flawed, substandard things in our lives, no more clones  walking together in clumps everywhere you look. We need to accept our shortcomings. But then again I shouldn't be talking...

I already let mine change me for the worse.