Chapter 4 🌖

After I took a shower last night I sat on the couch and watched some TV, eventually falling asleep. So you can imagine my surprise when I rolled an inch too far to my right only to fall face down on the wooden floor. A pained and tired groan along with a few curses escaped my lips as I squinted my eyes open, taking in my surroundings. My heartbeat jumped slightly when I didn't immediately recognize my surroundings but calmed once again I saw the picture of me and my brother placed on the wall.

Sitting up, I stared at the picture, silently wondering how my brother was doing. He was currently at school in the U.S. and I haven't seen him for three months, haven't heard from him in a month because he had so many courses to focus on. I admittedly missed him, him being the only person I could talk to about our parents being gone, he was the only one who understood.

I looked away from the picture at the sound of the knob turning on the door just to see my roommate and best friend stumble through the doorway, not surprisingly still in her jeans from last night but a different shirt this time.

She jumped as she saw me sitting on the floor and gave me a sheepish smile. "Hey Atty..." She said quietly, but it seemed loud in the already silent room. I was about to give her a warm greeting before remembering what happened last night. So, before she could process it, I tackled her to the ground and pinned her arms down.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I hissed, making her eyes widen in surprise.

"Telly you what...?" She was hungover, I could tell. I was being a shitty friend but I needed answers now.

"Does 'Kim Namjoon' ring a bell Lee Poppy?" I narrowed my eyes as it finally dawned on her.

"Ohhhh. You met my cousin?" She seemed surprised.

"Yeah. I had been given an unfortunate set of choices to find a way home last night, and he offered to drive me in place of me walking home in that scrap of fabric you call a dress in the middle of fall." I released my grip on her arms and leaned back to sit on my feet so she could sit up.

"So? You got a free ride home with a hot guy. What's the big deal?" My mouth dropped open as she called her own cousin hot, making her roll her eyes as she realized what I was thinking. "I'm not blind Atty. I know a hot guy when I see one even if he's my cousin. Doesn't mean I'd sleep with him though." She muttered the last part to me.

"I didn't know you were related to any Kim's though...I thought your parents already had the same name?"

She sighed, "My aunt on my dad's side kept my grandma's name, and she was never married so she passed the name to Namjoon. My aunt: Kim Sora, should be Lee Sora if she had kept her father's name, but they had an argument about her needing to get married and shit since she was pregnant but she didn't want to marry the asshole of a father, so instead, just to piss him off, she changed it before she had Namjoon and just left it. Grandma was touched by the thought of her daughter keeping her name, but she would never admit it to grandpa." She finished.

I was confused (a/n: I'm sure you are too) but I got the gist of it.

"I thought my family was messed up." Poppy laughed.

"Trust me. Your family is more messed up, no offense." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well, anyways. How did your night go with...oh God, you weren't related to those other Kim boys were you?" My eyes widened in realization but she just burst out laughing." Oh my God no. At least I don't think so anyway, Namjoon assured me I wasn't. Doesn't matter anyway cause we were all too drunk to actually do anything anyway." I sighed in relief before narrowing my eyes again.