ONE

The Crash

My eyes fluttered open to the familiar setting of my bedroom, the warm, golden light creeping through the dusty glass panes above my bedside table as the breeze gently blew into the room sending a cold chill throughout my body

My eyes fluttered open to the familiar setting of my bedroom, the warm, golden light creeping through the dusty glass panes above my bedside table as the breeze gently blew into the room sending a cold chill throughout my body. I pulled the sleeves of Marlon's crimson jumper over my hands and hid under the duvet. I moved quickly to my side where Marlon was still fast asleep in his bed, his messy, light blonde hair almost covering his eyes. I got up from my bed, and took out my leggings from the chest of drawers, and my white top. I changed into my clothes and grabbed the denim jacket I had slung over the chair in the corner of the room.
As I put my arm through one sleeve I noticed Marlon sit up in his bed.

"Hey, you." I said with a smile. "Get up, lazy head."

He stretched with a yawn before getting up, as I finished to tie up my shoelace of my white converses, which at this point were no longer even white due to the mud and walker blood staines on them.

"You gonna come with us hunting? Me, you, Louis and Violet." He asked me, as he put his hands around my waist, smiling.

"The dream team."

He grinned at my response, and nodded, as he got his clothes out of the drawer above mine.

"Be ready outside. I'll come join you in a minute." He said, as he put on his T-shirt and jacket. I nodded in response, and gave him a quick kiss on the check.

"Today'll be our day, okay? I've got a feeling we're gonna have a proper meal for everyone tonight." I said, opening the door slightly, about to exit the room.

"Thanks." He said weakly, with a smile. "I love you."

"Love you too."

_

"How long have we been out here?"

I kicked the leaves on the ground as we walked, pulling down the sleeves of my jacket down for warmth. It was a crisp morning, and the tree's branches swayed from side to side in the wind as we spoke.

"I don't know. Hour, maybe two."

Violet made a loud sigh, as she crossed her arms and stared down to the floor.
"Well that's great. We've got nothing."

I watched as Louis rolled his eyes, and opened his mouth to argue back, but nothing came out.

"Not very positive, Vi." I spoke, my eyebrows furrowing.