Epilogue

2 years later

The day was cloudy and not too cold. Perfect for a lazy day in the garden. Lennox, who had become king shortly after his father's suicide, was sitting in the garden that was now no longer as wild as it used to be and was neatly made into paths and organised places for certain flowers. He was sitting by one of the many little tables with chairs that were installed instead of most of the old benches. Opposite him was Zion who was sipping on his cup of tea while Lennox was telling him about raise of population after the plague which took place nearly a decade ago in a nearby village had killed nearly half of its people. Zion was listening to it with a smile. Since his son and ward were away most of the time, he yarned the company of others than his servants and often came to Raposo to talk to Lennox, who was always happy to ask for his advise or thoughts on particular matters

"What do you say about that?" asked Lennox after he finished with statistics.

"I think it's great. You should give them permissions to build more workshops. That way they will have places to earn their money when this new generation is old enough," said Zion.

"I like it," said Lennox and smiled. "Oh, I've been meaning to tell you about this book I've read recently..."

He was interrupted by the sounds of something big landing on the send in front of the castle. The two looked at each other and ran through the garden to reach the castle gates. Once they did, they were able to see Arabella slowly climbing off the back of a black dragon, who seemed to watch her carefully to make sure she wouldn't fall or injure herself on some other way.

Arabella turned around to see the two coming and waved at them. Her brown hair was now almost reaching her waist, her skin was tanned and she seemed to gain a bit of weight. Rylan shifted into his human form and smiled as the two approached. Him too had a bit of tan, but his hair was now barely reaching his shoulders, just enough so he was able to bound it in a short ponytail, he had a bit of a beard, but not long and messy one, but rather a very neatly shaved by the sides, just so it gave his face a bit of extra colour.

"You are home soon," said Lennox as he accepted a hug from his sister.

"Well, Raby didn't feel very well," began Rylan as he pulled away from a hug his father gave him.

"And Ry, being an overprotective man, thought it'd be a good idea to return home until I feel better," said Arabella and hugged Zion.

"Would you like to join us for a cup of tea?" asked Lennox, but was already pulling Rylan in the direction of the garden, so that was not really left for negotiation.

The four of them sat down by the same table the two were sitting by previously. Lennox asked a serving girl, wearing bright yellow gown, to bring the new guests some tea as well. "Where did you two go this time?" asked the King afterwards.

"To the seaside," said Arabella crossing her legs.

"Again?" asked Zion.

"Raby loves it there," said Rylan.

Arabella threw her hair over her shoulder, making sure to hit Rylan's face by doing so. "Like you don't love it, too."

Rylan chuckled. "I do."

"Where are you two heading next?" asked Zion taking another sip.

"We were actually thinking about settling down for a while," said Arabella looking at Lennox. "I've heard that the lord in that castle by the coastline is no longer living in the castle..."

"You've heard correctly," said Lennox with a knowing smile. "And?"

"Could we take it? We already know how to handle the land and everything, but... would it be alright by you?" Arabella was nervously playing with her hair.