JROTC

May 8th, 2018

"Bro, I don't know how you even gonna pass this class! You've literally done no work" Jones says, bursting out into his now usual laugh.

"Yeah. Since the time you've been here you've only done 1 homework assignment. Only 1!" Mr Baker chimes in.

I just shrug. "Homework and classwork was never my strong suit. I just do good on tests and pass the class without stress."

"But we've only done 3 homework assignments and like 1 quiz." Barnes says.

"Don't forget that easy project." Mr. Baker adds.

"AND THAT EASY AS PROJECT. HOLY BEJEEBUS!" Tyson says and continues laughing.

I admit, I got a little rep going on here. As of now, I'm the quiet kid that doesn't do work, is cute, and is unbelievably passing all his classes with high Bs. Honestly, only one of those should be correct. I'm lazy as shit.

The "cute" part, I mean I guess? I'm not one to say I'm ugly. But I am not good-looking either. On a scale from 1-10, I rate myself a 5. And that's on a good day.

Passing my classes, as I said, is easy. It was especially easy since I technically got a fresh start. I started 2 of my classes with high Bs and the other 2 with low As. I'm not the smartest, but I'm damn sure not stupid.

I may not have a lot of common sense, but I am street AND book smart. I just choose not to use those smarts unless I need to. Like...think of it this way

You can get a 100 on all of your homework assignments and still end the class with a 70 because of tests and quizzes.

OR

You can not do good/not do any homework at all, but pass all your tests and quizzes with 90s and above and still pass the class with a 83+.

It's not science of which one I choose. Besides, homework is too much stress. Projects are too. I mean, I can maybe do one by MYSELF. But with a group? That's not happeneing. I like to do things my way, no matter how wrong my way is. It's my way or the highway🤷

Anyway. They go on about how I'm "one of a kind" and about how they've never seen a new kid with my kind of attitude. To be fair, I've been this way since the year of teenage hormones.(Freshman year).

The transition from 8th grade to 9th grade was the shittiest year ever. It was another moving situation, one that really hit hard.

I had to leave my band family this move. Like, I was REALLY fucking close to this group of cringey fucks. Then I got news I was moving and it wasn't the same the last few weeks. They started hugging me more, they'd get all quiet when they talk about next school year... I was actually loved there..

then that dreaded day happened...one that turned my life into...well I guess how I am now. Drugs, occassional alcohol drinking. The pain with always be there because she was very very special to me.

She was my first cousin. My bestest friend. Her name was Kenzie. Our family called her KiKi(Kee-kee), but I kept to her name because she said she liked that I was basically the only one to call her that. Heheh...it had gotten to the point that she annouced that only I was allowed to call her that. Our family thought that we secretly was in love with each other. It's true, we were almost inseparable, but that was the most purest form of friendship I'd ever had up until that point.

If you thought I was close to Aaliyah? Pffft, I actually ended up in the hospital when...

...

words cannot describe the pain i felt when they found her lifeless body in that ditch... that day... on the 7th of November. Her funeral...well let's just say I kept my hand on her casket until they lowered her 6ft below. Her mom allowed me and actually stayed up there with me. Her lousy dad showed up after she was lowered. If i wasn't so depressed, I would've kicked his ass "Nigerian Style". Heheh...that's what Kenzie claimed her ancestors were from. That was somewhere she always wanted to go..