c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n

After talking to Ms.Goodwin about returning to med.

 I headed back home to put Remus down for a nap.

Pulling into my driveway I turned to see a car parked on the side of the road.

I grabbed my gun from the side compartment and hid it underneath my shirt in between the waistband of my jeans. 

Stepping out of the car, I pretended to open the back door to grab something and as soon as I did that, I saw a male figure come behind but I turned around quickly pulling out the gun and putting it towards his head only to realize it was my mom's brother.

" Uncle you can't be sneaking behind me like that" I sighed in relief and put the gun down as he put his hands up.

 " Sorry I know your brother is part of the police force along with your husband but I didn't think you carried a gun!" he practically yelled.

 " What are you doing here," I asked him opening the back door to get Remus out of the car 

" I came to check on you guys," he said as he looked around pushing me inside my house.

 " What why? and stop pushing me uncle" I told him as I pushed back .

" Please hurry up and call Nate and Ryan," he said as he shoved me harder towards the door and I nodded.

 After the phone call with my brothers, we were waiting for them to arrive at the house.

" Why are you so fidgety uncle?" I asked him as he looked at me with worry eyes and he just began chugging down water so I decided not to push him any further.

Minutes later there was a knock on the door and before I can go answer it my uncle stood up and look through the peephole but he couldn't see anything because he grabbed a gun he had behind his back and pulled it out as he opened the door and saw my brothers- one of which came back from a fire-

" What's the issue? and why do you have a gun aiming at me?" Ryan questioned as he walked further into my home. 

"There's someone after me," my uncle said as he closed one of my blinds and he started rubbing his temples.

 " What? why come here then ?" I asked as I pointed to him towards my son.

" because they're after you too," he said as he sat down on a chair.

" all of you guys" he finished as Nate decided to go take a seat.

" Look I'm going to speak quickly because I'm on shift but I'm sick and tired of people coming after my family, just give them what they want" Nate spoke quickly as he got up to get back to work.

" Squad 3 truck 81 ambulance 61 house fire at 868 Corner Dr." Nate's radio went off and he quickly looked at Ryan.

 " Is Hailey home ?" Nate asked 

" I don't know, I left early today because I had to go pay for some things." Ryan finished as he quickly grabbed his phone from his back pocket and started calling Hailey.

 " I'll go with you Ry," I said as I picked up Remus and we headed through the front door.

 " Isn't that your place Ryan?" Cruz asked as Ryan nodded and we all hurried to Ryan's place.

Halfway to Ryan's house, my phone started ringing and I grabbed it out of my sweater pocket and saw that it was Hailey.

 " What's up?" I spoke into the phone.

 " Please tell me Ryan is okay," she said

 " Yea he's here with me. Luckily he was at my house but we are on our way to check the damage" I informed her and she said okay and that she was on her way.

" What did Hailey say?" Ryan asked.

 " She's on her way and she loves you," I told him as he nodded

 " Jay with her?" he asked and I nodded

 " He texted me saying that they were at med and Nate called Maggie and Hailey had walked up to her in the same moment and got scared thinking you were inside," I told him as we pulled into his street.

" Holy shit Ry," I told him as we saw the flames go crazy.

 " Uncle please stay with Remus in the car I'm going to see if I can help with anything," I told him as he nodded and shushed me away.

" Uncle Wallace need help"

" Please check those people there, the house got caught in the crossfire" he informed me and I nodded.

 " Hey" he spoke up again and I turned around.

 " I'm glad none of you were in there," he said and I nodded walking up to a little girl.

 After a few minutes of analyzing her and another ambulance coming in, I handed her off to the other two paramedics and walked up to Nate.

" Hey you saved anything useful for him" I questioned and he nodded

" Hailey and Ryan had a box full of pictures and stuff and there's a safe in there that he's going to open right now" Nate informed me as I nodded and sat next to him and hugged while we saw Hailey run towards Ryan hugging and kissing him.