Chapter 3: Livadora

Once dad left, the house stopped feeling as homey as it was before. It was too quiet, too cold, and it had that new house smell. Usually me and my dad would part ways at the airport after talking for the whole day but this is time is the first time its different. The TV was still on mute. I changed the channel to VH1 and cranked up the sound loud enough to not be heard outside the walls of the house. Soon after I'm swaying to maroon 5's love somebody.

I thought i would go onto my computer and see whats going on on Facebook and Gmail. When i reached my room I changed my mind and took out my suitcase and started to pack all the clothes from the wardrobe that I liked. While I was packing the clothes I noticed a small brown box at the corner of the wardrobe. I bent down and took it gingerly in my hands. Maybe it was a new iPod or something. I remember asking him for something during our last visit. When I opened the box I didn't see what I wanted to see. Instead I saw something that scared the daylights out of me. I immediately dropped the box and stood two feet away. For a second I felt unsafe, as if someone was watching me. The house felt darker and the wardrobe felt like it was suddenly decreasing in size. I took deep breaths and said to myself,'It's the safest place you'll ever be Liv, calm down." After a few seconds the house looked warmer and the walls returned to their original place. My fear was now filled with curiosity as i bent down and scooped up the mini handgun in my hands.

My dad never taught me how to use a gun, maybe because he thought I'd never had to use one. The gun looked like a child's play gun but I knew that if I pressed the trigger it would do way more than squirt water. When I looked for the box to pack the gun back into, I looked inside and found that there were extra bullets. I didn't know how to load a gun or anything, let alone how to use it, I played it safe and put the gun back in the box and placed it where it was originally hidden in the corner of my wardrobe, ready to be opened.

When I came out of the wardrobe I decided that I was done packing for the time being. I took out my laptop and went on YouTube and searched up how to use a gun. It didn't look that hard but I knew that with my sticky fingers I would do something or the other wrong. I started wondering why there was a gun in the house. It couldn't have belonged to the previous owners of the place as my dad would have done a full sweep of the house yesterday before I arrived. Maybe my dad left it there just in case I was any trouble or something. I started imagining what situations required me to hold a gun and maybe shoot. I shuddered and immediately tried erasing the images that my mind created.

After watching the latest videos from my favorite YouTubers' I started feeling a little bit hungry. I went to the kitchen to find bread, veggies, cheese, and other things in the fridge. Me and my dad would always make lunch together during this time. I didn't get the mood to make anything so i decided to check the cupboard for some instant food. I found cup noodles and mac and cheese. I love cup noodles but I decided to eat mac and cheese. There's nothing wrong in being different sometimes right? I put the mac and cheese in a bowl, added water, and put in the microwave. After 5 minutes, I was sitting on the couch and eating again.

After mac and cheese I thought I would search up on the two kids that were missing. When I found their images on Google I immediately zoomed it out to see the guys face. I realized then that it wasn't because I was concerned about what happened to them, I just wanted to see the hottie's face again. I found out that his name was Jayden the other girl that was missing was his sister Sydney. I was weird though since they didn't really look like that they had that much of a resemblance. I looked closer I saw that his ear was pierced. That made me like him even more. Why did the one guy that I found attractive have to suddenly disappear? I sighed and fell flat onto the big fluffy bed. I want be a normal teenager with a mother who listens to me and advice me on boys and love. I want a dad who comes home every night after work and is always there for me during my good times and bad. Why cant I have a normal life? I was looking strait at the white ceiling of the house. I closed my eyes and tried blocking out everything. " Your not being to dad who's sacrificing everything for you", my inner conscious told me. I knew she was right so I tried changing my train of thoughts. Soon I was fantasizing about meeting Jayden and how we would slowly fall in love and get married, have kids........

Soon I was drifting off into a dreamland full of piercings and dimples, unaware that my whole world is going to come crashing down when i wake up.