𝐢. 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕.- 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬

My Duchess, (Y/N), are you in okay condition?" Narberal asks as if to place her hand on my shoulder.

In the edge of the bed, I rested for a moment. "What was Ainz up to?" There was an odd presence which loitered around the room.

"(Y/N) Sama...?"

There should've been something he'd been intending. My absence should've sent waves of concerns tingling his body. Ainz, whatever you do. Don't stop my ambitions to leave this place, we have a life outside of this...

"(Y/N)-Sama!"

"Shh... Narberal. Let us not be so noisy, we have an intruder loitering around us." I say, placing my hand on top of her mouth. Narberal pitches in a hue of cherry, "S-sorry..."

"Don't be apologetic, dummy." I reply giving a pat on her head, whatever it was, the magic had quickly dissipated. "Seems like we're dealing with a troublesome trickster." I added eyes surveying the room.

Narberal muffled, gently touching my arms.

"Oh sorry." I removed my hand off her mouth, as Narberal gasped for air face, confined to crimson hue. "I felt it too, (Y/N) Sama. Yet the magic felt so familiar."

Narberal was unto something, the magic presence felt something I'd felt back on the Great Tomb. Ainz couldn't have possibly come to surveil himself, perhaps...

"Narberal quickly, we must leave now." Confused, she followed, I rushed outside the small room. The day had approached, everyone on the village, had continued on their normal routine.

Children playfully laughing, mothers abutted to their infants for safety and fathers waving goodbyes to their loved ones off to work. Sensation frolicked my chest, it... it just felt so real...

"Disgusting... is this what they do all they? A futile practice." Narberal comments in disgust, I look at my palm, "I'm not human anymore... am I? I am the overseer of both dark and light, and am death itself. Yet emotions makes me feel so alive..."

"(Y/N) Sama, did my comment offend you?" Narberal asks, I had spaced out for long, I shake my head, "No you're right. Low lives disgusts me as well. But remember our mission, they'll be ours to own. We must instill our names as the inhabitants of the Great Tomb." I affirmed.

Narberal inclines humbly, "But I must say (Y/N) Sama, you're quite good with them. You really are the rule-"

"Hush, Narberal. It would Ainz Sama, who'd be the true ruler. I'm only here for a fresh air."

"(Y/N) Sama...?" Narberal questions, "As for the time, you've done an excellent duty, being by my side. For that you have my thanks."

Narberal attempts to bow before me, but here I am. "A thanks from you is most of an surprising welcome."

"Don't make a foolery of yourself. These are still people out here, don't ruin the image." I lightly scold.

"M-Miss, umm, thank you for helping my papa." I look to see the chief's son pulls my arms, "You shouldn't touch a (Y/N) Sama like that!" Narberal frantically opined, attempting to force him away.

"Now now, that's no way to accept a thanks." I flick the maid's head, "Ow ouch... sorry." She pouts with light tears around the edge of her eyes.