Chapter 8 - A sunny day at the beach

"Now this is more like it." Kari told Gatomon as the two sat on the beach towel sun bathing at the beach Matt had found for them all. "Agreed I'm glad I still have nine lives of this left." Kari giggled her friend always put a smile on her face. "Hey Kari." T.k. said walking over to her. Kari smirked at him and decided to have some fun.

"Hey T.k you know it sure was manly of you to throw yourself in front of me like that." T.k. blushed furiously. "T.k. why is your face so red are you sick?" Patamon asked concerned for his friend. Kari giggled a little pink herself. She got up off the towel kissed his cheek. "My hero." T.k. face turned redder than before. Kari giggled again and ran over to Yolie leaving T.k. standing their shocked out of his mind. "T.k. I think she likes you." Patamon declared. Davis came over "This doesn't mean me and Kari aren't getting together T.F." "Ya" Veemon agreed and the two took off. "I think he's jelous" Patamon said and T.k. laughed.

"Tai are you seriously building ANOTHER sand castle" Sora asked annoyed. "Sora that kid came back over and started giving me crap about how he made this awesome castle and mine looked like a pile of dirt before. I have thinks to prove!" Sora rolled her eyes again. "How do I put up with you." "MATT , JOE, give me back my hat" Jun pleaded running after them. Matt and Joe leaped over Tai's sand castle laughing and tossing the hat back and forth.

"Phew" Tai sighed as they missed it. Then Jun ran right threw it to reach them." Tai felt his blood pressure boiling. "Tai….calm." "CALM SORA CALM THAT GIRL JUST RUINED MY CASTLE!" The younger boy walked over to Tai's mess he once called a sand castle. "Wow you really bad at this" he told Tai. The boy walked away and Sora had to hold back Tai from murdering the kid and Jun.

"Armidillomon this is really beautiful weather" Cody said admiring the sun. "I agree Cody it's very refreshing."

"Izzy" Mimi squealed skipping over to the area Izzy had been sitting with his laptop out. He smiled at her. "Hey Mimi" "Izzy were on vacation don't you think you'd rather be doing something else?" she asked. "Like what" he asked. "Oh I don't know Izzy there's swimming, shopping,….kissing." He looked up at her "kissing?" "Ya" she replied. "Me" "Mimi are you asking me to kiss you?" "No I just thought you wanted to kiss me." "Because…" "You protected me back at the volcano." He blushed. She smirked. Izzy put down the laptop and leaned into Mimi and kissed her. Mimi could feel her heart racing so fast she thought she might have a heart attack. Izzy smiled and pulled away. "Happy" Mimi was glowing. "Yup" And she put her head on his shoulders as he got back to the computer.

"For the thousandth time Yolie I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ditching you for video games, I'm sorry for yelling at Mimi, and I'm sorry for fighting with Izzy. Please just forgive me." Yolie smirked. "Oh I forgive you I just wanted to see you squirm some more" He looked at her annoyed at first and then smiled. "I guess I deserved that." "Yup" she said "Oh and thank you for saving my life." She hugged him and they watched the sunset go down together. "I love you Yolie." "I love you too Ken."

The next day the group headed home on the plane. Tai was sitting their still grouchy over his sand castle fiasco and Sora was quite annoyed that instead of a romantic vacation together he spent more time worrying about what a bunch of nine year olds would think of him.

Izzy and Mimi confirmed that they were dating the following night. And now Mimi was making him use his computer to shop online. Izzy didn't care though because all he could think about was Mimi anyway.

Cody sat with Joe and the two discussed how prune juice really did help you stay healthy. Cody shared some with him that his grandpa told him to drink and Joe spit it out on the person in front of him making the man in extremely mad.

Ken and Yolie were watching a movie on one of the TV screens. It was a chick flick that Ken did not want to watch but Yolie yelled at him every time he tried to sneak taking the head phones off.

Kari and T.k. spent the ride back playing go fish until the plane hit a bump and the cards went spilling everywhere. The flight attendant did not look the least bit amused.

Matt got stuck sitting next to Jun and she spent the whole ride back telling him names she would like for their children someday. Matt planned to put a hit out on Davis when they got back to Japan.

Davis got stuck sitting next to an old lady who confused him for her grandson and kept pinching his cheeks and trying to feed him cheerios.

The vacation was not what they planned but the digidestined were still happy that they got to spend some time together knowing when they got back school would start soon and the time together would be limited. They arrived home knowing that some relationships had changed and looked forward to the life they would face together.